• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Will 4L80E from '95 K2500 4wd Suburban work in a '94 K2500 4wd Suburban?

"Will 4L80E from '95 K2500 4wd Suburban work in a '94 K2500 4wd Suburban?" Yes

99 may have small differences like Les said,

96 and 95 will drop right into a 94, but a 94 will not go into a 95+ without mods. 97+ uses larger cooling lines for the trans, and they are what is known as the rear luber as the cooler lines hook up in the front and back VS just the front like the 96- did. Mid year 99 seen some more improvements in them like wider bands and heavier shafts(GM finally realised that they needed to add in the ability for the trans to be able to stay in lockup under decel). And then there was the 4L85E thrown into the mix used mostly in motorhomes and the later HD trucks.

Thats right, I forgot about NSBU and cable vs linkage. So the 94 trans has no bolting provision for the NSBU?

Late 94's might, but most of them I have seen do not even have the raised bosses on the case to drill out for the mounting bolts.

The 4L85-Es are hell-for-stout, I don't know what they're "rated" for, but they are the ones behind the Duramaxes and 8.1Ls in the Express Vans.

As well as motorhomes and BURBS. The only real difference is they have 6 gear planetarys isntead of 3. Problem is the upgraded planetarys aren't the weak link in them. The 4L80E is rated for 440 foot pounds of torque input whereas the 4L85E is rated for 450 foot pounds of torque input.

I've got a 94 tranny if you need one...bought and decided against modding to fit into a 96

We've got a fresh GM reman in a wrecked '95. We're buying a '94 which is running fine and probably already had the trans rebuilt. We already have a '99, but the trans is original and has 183K on it. The Trans went out in the '95 at 164K miles, so I expect the one in the '99 to give it up fairly soon, though there are no signs of problems.

Back