• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wicked wheel 2. Its been a few years. Any reports?

Sand

Reaction score
I searched the threads for info on the 6.5 Wicked wheel (now in v2). Not too much in the last couple of years. What were the results on a stock engine? Or is it billet snake oil? Im driving a centermount turbo on my hummer and its the claim of lowering EGT's that catches my attention. Im a max 3200 Rpm driver (mostly in the 1500-2500 range daily) Its cheap enough that a few of us must have picked one up.
Input?
Thanks,
Sandy

From the hummer vendors from the other site -that is my understanding what they sale as the "super 77" hummer turbo- a gm 6/7 with a wicked wheel instslled.

If you are going to stick with the gm center mount, it is about all there is out there for it. If I had a body lift, I would bolt a piece of flat steel across the turbo mounts to plug the oil supply, pull oil from the rear port behind drivers head, and turn a ATT or hx40 sideways in there. The only complaint anyone ever has with a ATT or hx40 is they are so big the low end torque loss and not a rapid enough spool. With out gearing and much higher top end rpm it would be beautiful in a Hummer.

With you having a ds4- get a tune from Kojo to match the bigger turbo to really bring it to life.

* some custom plumbing required- haha.

Last edited:
IIRC, TurboVanMan put a WW into an ATT for a customer and that customer was happy. As noted, that was probably two years ago and we have not had updates . . .

Will is correct that there is commentary about the ATT supposedly lacking on the low RPM end prior to the boost really kicking-in, but personally I do not know what the fuss is about. Specifically, the owners of my transmission and repair shops are very impressed with the Burb as-it-is-now and are quick to comment that it is probably the best running and quickest 6.5 they have driven. So back to general commentary (not directing at you Will, am referencing more along the lines of what to expect from the other site) about the ATT lacking on the low RPM end, am just not experiencing any lack of *power* on the low RPM end and even better experts that I am are impressed with the bigger turbo (and a matching tune).

If y'all can stuff an ATT into the Hummer's engine bay, you really will like the results. Getting at least equal power for much less boost than either a GM-X or Holset in my limited world of engineering knowledge is simply a good thing. Removing moving parts from the system by going with a wastegateless turbo is a bonus.

And back to the original question about updates on a WW with the aftermarket turbo in a 6.5 . . . Am interested in that too. Even better is if somebody had measured the intake and exhaust pressures to see whether it narrowed the differential more than the stock ATT set of blades.

From the hummer vendors from the other site -that is my understanding what they sale as the "super 77" hummer turbo- a gm 6/7 with a wicked wheel instslled.

If you are going to stick with the gm center mount, it is about all there is out there for it. If I had a body lift, I would bolt a piece of flat steel across the turbo mounts to plug the oil supply, pull oil from the rear port behind drivers head, and turn a ATT or hx40 sideways in there. The only complaint anyone ever has with a ATT or hx40 is they are so big the low end torque loss and not a rapid enough spool. With out gearing and much higher top end rpm it would be beautiful in a Hummer.

With you having a ds4- get a tune from Kojo to match the bigger turbo to really bring it to life.

* some custom plumbing required- haha.
I've seen many posts about the Holset/CKO's twin scroll's out performing all other turbos to include MITSU/CKO's when it comes to spooling up I tend to believe this as my HX40w/CKO 18 cm2 started spooling @ 1.1/1.2k rpm's while everyone said it would spool much later and be a dog....turn's out it was far from being a dog.

In my research I have seen many different variants of the HX40 & the MITSU 22 design used by ATT only additional I can add the this mix is that a CAC/IC is needed to get the most out of any turbocharger application.

Back