• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Why would Edge Juice with Attitude not work?

Dylly

Reaction score
My brother recently purchased an edge juice with attitude(used) for his 2004 Duramax. We plugged it all in, everything is accurate on the display but nothing changes when selecting between the performance options...

Any ideas why?

You mean there is no Difference between Stock and Level 5 for Example?

Is the Key in the On Position, with the Truck Turned Off when Loading a Tune?

You mean there is no Difference between Stock and Level 5 for Example?

Is the Key in the On Position, with the Truck Turned Off when Loading a Tune?

Maybe i have the way these chips work all wrong... i was under the impression that they are switch on the fly? ... So, no i havent tried loading a tune when the truck was off...

Doesn't the Edge modify the signals, not actually flash the PCM?

EDIT: I would call Edge Customer Service and see what they have to say.

Yea, but it's with Attitude as well, so the Dash Mounted Display Loads Files in as well IIRC.

This is off the Edge site for this particular set up:

Using the Juice
Adjusting Power Levels
The Juice has four power levels. The Attitude module allows five levels.
The Juice module was designed to allow the user to select a power level for normal operating mode, and either the same or a different power level for Tow/Haul mode.
NOTE: If you have the Attitude installed, the following procedure does NOT apply. Power levels are changed using the Attitude.
1. Set the Parking Brake
2. Turn key on without starting the engine (engine must not be running).
3. Select the desired transmission mode to set the power level for (Normal or Tow/Haul).
4. Place gear selector in the gear corresponding to desired power level (D=4, 3=3, 2=2, 1=1, R=stock).
5. Press accelerator to the floor two times, completely releasing the pedal each time.
6. Return gear selector to Park and start the engine.
7. Press the Tow/Haul button twice. This causes the Juice module to “remember” the level setting for the mode.
Power Level Confirmation
To confirm the power level that is selected:
1. Place gear selector in Park with your foot off of the accelerator while engine is idling
2. Set the Parking Brake
3. Select Normal or Tow/Haul mode, depending upon the transmission mode power setting you wish to confirm
4. Place gear selector to reverse, neutral, reverse, then back to park. P-R-NR-P
5. The engine will rev to coincide with the power level selected, revving 4 times for level 4, 3 times for level 3, and so on

Im not sure it matters but the model is EJC1000A which is 2001-2005 LB7 & LLY... so i cant see this being the wrong chip... just cant figure out why its not loading tunes... Also just to confirm its not the truck we tried it on another 2004, and same result... No difference

Does the Dash Display Confirm that a Tune was Loaded?

EDIT: Wasn't 04 a Crossover Year for the Duramax? So could the Software in the Edge not be Compatible with the OP's Vehicle?

1. Does the Dash Display Confirm that a Tune was Loaded?

2. EDIT: Wasn't 04 a Crossover Year for the Duramax? So could the Software in the Edge not be Compatible with the OP's Vehicle?

1. It just starts up, and when flipping between the tune options, it just shows up X tune, then goes back to the main screen for any tune changes... im not sure what i should expect to see as a confirmation...

2. Yes, you're right... They changed engines in 2004.5 to the LLY BUT on the edge site the user manual claims it should be good for 2001-2005 LB7 and LLY

http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_images/product_variation-user_manual-131.pdf

There has been ALOT of EDGE JUICE with ATTITUDE's fail and cause all kinds of problems with the DURAMAX. I would venture to say the EDGE box is bad.

It's probably a bad box. I had an 04.5, which was built January of 2004 as an LLY. I went through 3 Edge boxes. I got endless check engine lights, malfunctioned sensors, blue smoke, white smoke, you name, I got it. All 3 boxes caused me problems. I finally got rid of it. I couldn't take it anymore.

They've been notorious for failing, stalling, surging and all the above.

It's probably a bad box. I had an 04.5, which was built January of 2004 as an LLY. I went through 3 Edge boxes. I got endless check engine lights, malfunctioned sensors, blue smoke, white smoke, you name, I got it. All 3 boxes caused me problems. I finally got rid of it. I couldn't take it anymore.

They've been notorious for failing, stalling, surging and all the above.

And the LB7's seem to hiccup when you turn the wipers on for some reason with the EDGE.

Well thats all the information i need. Luckily the guy was understanding when we bought the chip off of him, or just didnt give a damn. Before we picked it up, the guy said we could try it out and bring it back if it wasnt what we were looking for... Took it back today, no questions asked.

Did you ever get the engine up to operating temperature? If under 130 it won't do anything different on any setting. And doesn't do much till you hit 170.

Did you ever get the engine up to operating temperature? If under 130 it won't do anything different on any setting. And doesn't do much till you hit 170.

Yeah, we did test the truck when it was up to opperating temperature... I think you guys are right, and it was just straight up a faulty box... He wants to go to EFI Live but the truck has an aftermarket turbo on it with a predator tune from the guy he bought the truck off of... Tried putting EFI live on it already once, but since he doesnt have the predator loader deal with the stock tune on it, the EFI live program wouldnt load...

Yeah, we did test the truck when it was up to opperating temperature... I think you guys are right, and it was just straight up a faulty box... He wants to go to EFI Live but the truck has an aftermarket turbo on it with a predator tune from the guy he bought the truck off of... Tried putting EFI live on it already once, but since he doesnt have the predator loader deal with the stock tune on it, the EFI live program wouldnt load...

I don't see why not. I've pulled data from a Predator loaded on my LBZ ECM.

Sorry, i dont think i follow... You were able to load EFI Live even with the Predator tune already loaded on the ECM?

No, I was able to read a ECM already tuned with a Predator, and I don't see why you couldn't write to it with the Predator installed already. Do you remember the error code?

Back