• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Whos interested in doing a diesel convoy...?

I vote for Guilder Brew Pub.
Hey, aint nothing wrong with 6.2s or 6.5s, got over 600,000 on the two retired rust buckets I hope to restore someday.

As far as highway or back road I'd say a convoy on back roads (well lets say 2 lane like Rt 7 north of Kent is easier , its not intended to be a show off , or speed match.
Back roads to me mean narrow town or county roads, some unpaved.
The NEDGT foliage cruise in ' 08 I could have taken lots of dirt roads (with GREAT VIEWS) BUT I didn't want to hear all the screaming about dust or rock chips. (I don't like them either, but sometimes jobsites give me no choice. (especially down in North Salem, NY)

Terry - you sound like the H2 Hummer in the end of the CARS Movie..."MAN I"M GETTIN MUD ON MY RIMS!!!!!!":cryin:

:D:biglaugh:

July 11 is good me for as of right now; That was a great ride up Terry's way....

I'm flying to Ms this Friday, for 4th but back to Schenectady next Mon willing to drive to CT or other meeting point over ya'lls way and then follow to Lake George if that is what we still wanna do. Or whatever final destination i'm a geographic bachelor, so weekends to do pretty much whatever I want.

hey guys just getting back in here, sorry. things have been crazy and to top it all off i crushed my finger and chopped a bit of it off too. not too bad and doc it hoping it will be normal with a f'd up nail if whats left of the nailbed can grow back.

i'm still game for a short drive, hand is still a little sore. what was the consensus on routes?

Even though I can't make the run I'll suggest a route.

Meet in Danbury at Fast Eddies Gas Station (rt84 exit8) head down 84W to 87N to New Paltz and end at the Guilded Otter. Meet at 10:30am end at the brewery for lunch right around 12. Someone who lives in the NW corner of CT or near Sturbridge MA brings me a growler :cheers2:

Well guys looks like a bust for this weekend, I'm on verge of having full blown "pink eye" infection, so I'm gonna try to kick it in the pants with a Z pack this weekend i started taking it last nite, if no improvement I'll have to find a eye dr open on the weekend. I still think we ought to do something before I leave in Aug. I know the screen names it would be nice to match them to a face. On top of my eyes getting gummy, weather guessers are calling for a wet weekend over this way.

Tim

I agree. I saw this late so this weekend is no good for me and wife is working anyway. she is away the weekend of the 24th so I could easily do something that weekend. Me likey lake george. Sturbridge is right by me so if you guys end up this way definitely let me know.

im out for a while. truck is down again, injectors yet again. i would go, if i wasnt driving a 78 cj-7 renegade with a chebby 350. 11 gallons doesnt get me too far......

Back