• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

who has built tranny's?

I LOVE my Trans, Really! . I had Eric Merchant build mine. He did one hell of a job, he knows what he's doing. Its more than just slapping in Clutches. there are some secret machining tricks that really make the build durable and strong. Im using Erics Spec race converter from Precision Industries. This Verter is one beefy unit and does EVERTHING i ask it to, From Towing to playing its great. I have the same build as NastyGirl ( 1000 rwhp) minus the billet input/output shafts.

i have the exact same setup and lovin it also! Erics the man when it comes to the D/A's and im so glad i went to him for my build. id recommend (and have) him and the boys at MA to anyone thinking about doing their trans. and now that i got my new ATS E-Power a couple weeks ago im finally able to give the ally the workout she deserves and man is it fun!

i just got done rebuilding mine, lots of fun LOL, just wish it would move....i got a bad solenoid.

My stock Ally keeps plugg'n along, I honestly don't understand why. I keep waiting for it to take a digger so I can build it...

i had my trans in the last truck built to the gills, full ats. today my SCIII is going in my LBZ only almost 2 years after i wanted it done. worth the wait. people that have never had one built and decide to do it, you will understand why!! even with a stock truck the new convertor and a transgo make a big difference for the better.

My trans is being pulled tomorrow, then the build begins. My builder is doing something inbetween a SCIII and SCIV. I am being told in the area of 650HP. Alto Red Eagles and Kolene Steels, with a triple disc. I will list everything when I know what all went in. We are still on the fence with the converter since it hasnt made it here yet.

Tony

My trans is being pulled tomorrow, then the build begins. My builder is doing something inbetween a SCIII and SCIV. I am being told in the area of 650HP. Alto Red Eagles and Kolene Steels, with a triple disc. I will list everything when I know what all went in. We are still on the fence with the converter since it hasnt made it here yet.

Tony

Good luck with your build! :cool:

Good luck with your build! :cool:

Thanks, I am getting a break on the price since I am going to be the test dummy for the most part. This guy is a old drag racer, and knows his stuff when it comes to a transmission. Kinda geeky in a way, but really knows the inside of the transmission. Luckily I am not the first Allison he has worked on, he has built many mainly Suncoast. Mine will be a build under his shop name instead of a Suncoast. :cool:

I have a Fleece Performance SC3 with 1056 - going on 40k.

My brother just got an SC4 and 1058 for his LMM.

Our puller has an SC4+ and 1059.

All our trannies come from Bradyen. Done right the first time.

Ed

Thanks, I am getting a break on the price since I am going to be the test dummy for the most part. This guy is a old drag racer, and knows his stuff when it comes to a transmission. Kinda geeky in a way, but really knows the inside of the transmission. Luckily I am not the first Allison he has worked on, he has built many mainly Suncoast. Mine will be a build under his shop name instead of a Suncoast. :cool:
Good luck with your build Tony and nice to see you here !!!:coal:

Stage IV w/ 1056 done by Saunders Transmission in Argyle, New York. By far the best money I have spent on my truck.

Phil

Back