• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

who has built tranny's?

Duramaxx04

Reaction score
who was built tranny's and how do you like them?
and which converter did you use and why?
i am planning on building my own and am looking for options
i am looking for a tranny to run about 500hp

Heres my combo that is in the works as we speak.

Suncoast Stage IV which comes with a triplelok converter.
Mag Hytec Pan
ATS Billet Flex Plate
Mike L billet input shaft and cooler
Transgo.

That is a solid tranny that is tried and true by many duramax guys.

i love working on my truck but doing the transmission is way out of my league lol sounds like a nice set up you got goin on let me know how you like it when your done

Its not that hard. Buy the ATSG Manual, get the right tools and its really easy. Theres really no special tools but snap ring tools and a spring compressor.

Better yet practice on a cheap old auto. Most all autos are close to the same. The ally is different because it is bandless.

when i get a chance i will try and look at some junk yards for tranny's to dig into

TTS tranny upgrade & Precision T.C on stock clutches. Holding up to the PPE HOT+2ET quite well so far!!

how do you like the ppe hot+2et i am thinking about upgrading my ppe when i upgrade my tranny more

dont ya hate that when it keeps cutting out.

Loaded a huge power tune in today and it wouldve been great if my tranny didnt slip, fuel rails didnt drain and turbo pushed more air.

Back