• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Which u joint?

offiedk

Reaction score
Hi Truck Stop
I need a new ujoint for my k1500 97.
In the rear i have the big aluminium driveshaft and a 3.42 14 bolt diff.
Could anyone point me in the right direction.

Jesper

BTW - Happy New Year, when you get there.

IMG_20191013_105534.jpg
IMG_20190313_203640.jpg

Moog lists a 331C u-joint for aluminum driveshaft with the F44(14 bolt rear axle), AC is a 45U0402, & Dana is 5-3615X. Be careful which u-joint you get, the aluminum shaft uses coated caps so you don't get dissimilar metal corrosion between the shaft and u-joint cap.

Last edited:
If the caps are retained with an injected plastic looking stuff, You’ll need to heat the ends of the shaft, where the trunions of the u joint goes through, to melt out that plastic.
The plastic will oooze out like a worm, be careful, it sometimes will pop and splatter, could burn an eye out.

If the caps are retained with an injected plastic looking stuff, You’ll need to heat the ends of the shaft, where the trunions of the u joint goes through, to melt out that plastic.
The plastic will oooze out like a worm, be careful, it sometimes will pop and splatter, could burn an eye out.
Only steel shafts got the nylon injection, no aluminum shaft got it, so it doesn't apply to him. The aluminum shafts use external snap rings.

Back