• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Which Speakers

thanksguys for all the input. it is now time to do my HW and do some research on what you guys sugested.

I found Beyma RF Series 6.25 inch for $119.95...if they are that good, then that is not a bad price...:D

The RFK-62's can be had on Ebay for $104.90/shipped. There is a set on there right now.

The RF-One line is the lowest, but still good (this line has Component Sets & Coaxial's), then Sound Concept line (this line has Coaxial's / DIY Component Sets / Sub's), then Competition line (this line has DIY Components & Subs), then Experience (so far only 1 12" Sub).

Here is a link to their Site: http://car.beyma.com/ENGLISH/producto.php

EDIT: They just released a bunch of other Door Speakers under the "Kits" section. They added more product lines, and updated the Component Sets.

Last edited:
I called crutchfield they will tell you what will fit your truck and you get the wiring harnesses to plug into the factory setup. You can ask them if they have anything in the scratch and dent area that would fit your truck.

as a college student, im sure you can appreciate cost-effective replacements..

pretty much ANYTHING other than the stock POS's will sound much better.....

i picked up to kicker 6.5 sets for the front and rear doors, and it sounds pretty damn good.

granted, they won't sound like the expensive sets these boys are talking about, but they sound a helluva lot better than the stockers...

good luck

Good to see I'm in the same boat as someone else like you eng158. I am looking to replace my door speakers too, nothing wrong with them, but want a little better quality then the OEM ones. These are all good ideas. I have run JL's before in other trucks (with full aftermarket setups, headunit, speakers, subs, amps) and have been very pleased with them. I would like to stay with them if possible.

DD how do you like those infinitys it looks like i can get those ones for a reasonable price.

Josh, I like them alot...

You should be able to score them on the cheap in the Boogie Down...try on Jerome south of the Cross Bronx.

Infifnitys are good bang for the buck, I've put in a few sets and they sound real good for the price. I think focals are overated, MB Quart are WAYYY overated. JL makes damn good speakers.

IMO you'll be happy with the Infinities...

I've had nothing but problems with Harmon International stuff (JBL & Infinity).

On the Infinity's I used to run, I went through 4 sets of them, I kept, literally, exploding the Tweeters on them. The cone would crack, then they'd smoke and this brown liquid would splatter out. And I was running the RMS rating to them.

On the JBL GTi Component sets, I would melt the Crossover and the Caps. inside the Crossovers would get so hot, they would loosen up the solder and just fall off the crossover. Again, putting the RMS rating to them.

The lower "entry" lines of the Focal sound better than the "high end" lines to me. All were properly powered and in a vehicle, not on a Sound Board.

MB Quart USED TO be good, when they were still made in Germany. NOW Maxxsonics makes them, and the quality just isn't there anymore and they are JUNK.

JL is good, just over priced for the average person. If you got some "pull" at a shop, you'd be shocked at how much you can really get them for VS what they have them on the floor for.

Ok guys, here are my first questions for all of you on this new great site.

2 of the speakers in my truck are blown and i need to replace them. i have been listening to that blown speaker noise for a WHILE now. i figured if i am doing 2 speakers i might as well do them all. My question is which speakers should i go with? There are so many brands and models out there i dont even know where to begin. I am not looking to spend an arm and a leg, meaning no more than 300 to 400 for all 4 MAX. i know i will get what i pay for but realistically i would prefer to buy stuff in the 300 dollar range that is half decent with good bas and sound quality, the cheaper the better. also what size speakers will i need and will i have to do anything other than just plug the new speakers into the existing wires going to the stock radio. (as you can see i am new at this. i have never touched a GM radio only my old jeeps.) Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

If is dont reply or thank you immediately for the advice dont be offended, i am studying for finals so i am pretty much in my own little cave cut off from the world.
I went with the Infinity components and they sound awsome...

OK i finally got speakers. i went to a local store, sound concepts, and they blew Crutch fields prices out of the water, over $ saved not even including shipping and handling. I was about to purchase the infinities that diesel dually told me about but i asked them what they liked. They said they proffered alpines so that is now what i got i want to say they are the Alpine SPS-600 6-1/2"/6-3/4" 2-way Car Speakers (SPS600) . I was going to put them in myself but all they wanted was $40 for the install so they will be doing that too. spent a little over 100 for everything. can wait to get them in. Thanks for all the help guys!!! you rock. i will let you knwo how they sound once they are in.

A few things here. The speakers are amazing. In fact they are too good. I now have to do something with the Sirius because i am hearing bad radio reception sounds i never heard before. So that is my new task find a stronger FM modulator or a direct link that doesn't cost 170 big ones.

SO if any of you have any things i can do to fix the FM modulator to strengthen it that would be great.

Thanks to all of you especially DD for all of your help and advice in this situation.

Mods if this is not allowed please delete this next section and sorry in advance.

If you live in the lower NY area i highly recommend the sound place Sound Concept's in Mount Kisco NY. They are cheap and do a great job. Speakers sound great and the install was very fast. Everything is hardwired no connectors or harnesses.

I give them, :thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanks again guys.

Before you both spend $$$ (unless you want to), I found the speaker cover (some foam crap) had come loose mimicing the 'I am gonna leave you sound'.

I had already purchased the Infinitiys to replace them, but I had removed that foam, cover...lo and behold...sound gone.

Infinitiys went in anyway. :D

just the front or the front and rear...

give me some specs./sizes to do all four...(Crew Cab)

A I now have to do something with the Sirius because i am hearing bad radio reception sounds i never heard before. So that is my new task find a stronger FM modulator or a direct link that doesn't cost 170 big ones.

SO if any of you have any things i can do to fix the FM modulator to strengthen it that would be great.

I'm going to assume your using the ad on sirus unit. did they give you the short wire lead for the transmitter. it's only about 2 inches long as does wonders. my buddy's car had the same problem and that's all it took to solve it. all it is is a piece of wire with a 90 degree 1/8 plug on it.

I have found when replacing door speakers to put baffles in behind them while you are doing it. It tightens up the bass and gives the speaker a much better sound. It also helps to not blow the speaker as the baffle slows down the air moving through the speaker.
The baffles are made by XTC and Crutchfield carries them. You will be amazed at the difference in sound.

Infinity Reference 6022si

Thank you for this thread...wouldn't you know it, got a little rattle now that's driving me crazy.
I'll look at that foam first, and if I need new, these Infinities look to be a good value. If these speaker get wet I would think a marine speaker might be the best choice? Unless these are a 'do them every couple years' thing.

I have a seperate tweeter from the speakers in the front doors, are you guys replacing the speaker and the tweeter, just the speaker and if so do you still use the tweeter?

Back