• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Which Speakers

eng158

Deputy
Reaction score
Ok guys, here are my first questions for all of you on this new great site.

2 of the speakers in my truck are blown and i need to replace them. i have been listening to that blown speaker noise for a WHILE now. i figured if i am doing 2 speakers i might as well do them all. My question is which speakers should i go with? There are so many brands and models out there i dont even know where to begin. I am not looking to spend an arm and a leg, meaning no more than 300 to 400 for all 4 MAX. i know i will get what i pay for but realistically i would prefer to buy stuff in the 300 dollar range that is half decent with good bas and sound quality, the cheaper the better. also what size speakers will i need and will i have to do anything other than just plug the new speakers into the existing wires going to the stock radio. (as you can see i am new at this. i have never touched a GM radio only my old jeeps.) Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

If is dont reply or thank you immediately for the advice dont be offended, i am studying for finals so i am pretty much in my own little cave cut off from the world.

Last edited:
check out diamond audio....very nice stuff for the money....you may also want to take a look at focal...they are just about the best speaker you can buy..but you will also pay for them..if memory serves you may be able to get into a low end pair of focals for around 300...def a mid to high level of diamond audio...

ok thanks i will look into that. also any more advise and sizes and what i will need to make this work would be appreciated.

Back to econ and calc yippee.

honestly when we used to put together systems that focused on sound quality you only needed two speakers...front left and right..... tuned properly it would sound as if there were many more speakers...of course that was with a very high end head unit...I would suggest trying to get a pair of low end focal speakers to replace the one in your drv door and the passenger door...see how that sounds and you can always replace the ones in the rear at a later date

ok thanks i will look into the focals and just replace the front one. thanks for all the help hemi.

sorry i left out an s in my last post. i will replace the front oneS. both of them. is it going to sound like crap if i leave the stock deck in or will i need to replace that too? also which focals do you recomend? sorry for being a PIA i just want to get this right the first time.

Damn it, my drivers side door speaker just started making the same " HA, HA I'm leaving you" sound. :pissed: I will be doing the same swap as you eng158.

yeah i have been listening to that sound ofr over a semester now. 60 miles a day at least 5 days a week and it SUCKS.

Before you both spend $$$ (unless you want to), I found the speaker cover (some foam crap) had come loose mimicing the 'I am gonna leave you sound'.

I had already purchased the Infinitiys to replace them, but I had removed that foam, cover...lo and behold...sound gone.

Infinitiys went in anyway. :D

thanks diesel dually i will give that a try. my goal is to spend as little as possible.

my speaker also went on me im still looking into what i will get, but ill let you guys know

Before you both spend $$$ (unless you want to), I found the speaker cover (some foam crap) had come loose mimicing the 'I am gonna leave you sound'.

I had already purchased the Infinitiys to replace them, but I had removed that foam, cover...lo and behold...sound gone.

Infinitiys went in anyway. :D

Which Infinity's did you use ..?

thanks everyone. this site is already coming through for me so i will give it :thumbsup::thumbsup:. i will try the foam thing and if that fails i will give those focal's a look. any other suggestions on speakers.

I replaced both of my front speakers a month or so ago with JL Audio components. I had the guys at the Audio store do the job as well as add in some bass too. I believe they are 6.5" up front with the tweeters that were relocated just beside the other speaker on the door (no longer on the piller). These sound a hell of alot better and no more hissing.

I did the JL components, monster wire, One 10" Memphis Sub and long box, and one 500w Memphis amp for around $825.

Hope that helps you in some way eng158 - it sounds like a new sound system now and they are right you can't tell the rear speakers are stock or there now.

I recommend using Beyma. It's a new brand to the US, they originated in Spain, and are slowly making it around the Globe.

I use nothing but Beyma Highs in any of the customers cars I do and have not had 1 complaint. They will make you hear things in songs you never knew were there. You'll feel like the person is singing in the Truck beside you.

They sell the basic Component & Coax sets, then they sell Speakers individually for a "DIY Component Set".

Back