• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

which exhaust is everyone running?

5" MBRP w/6" tip. Kitty is on vacation. Thinking of going straight pipe at some point. The neighbors hate it anyway.

I love driving w/the windows down to hear the turbo bounce off cars. Idle sounds great too when the vanes switch positions.

I agree. Sounds like especially in a tunnel. :D

sometimes i wish i had a cummins because they sound just so dam nasty dude. i know its a dodge and its a cummins and us bowtie guys are supposed to hate them, but you gotta admit, not much else can beat their sound.

although lly's with 5'' mbrp tb systems do sound just as nasty. not quite as loud and slightly different tone though.

sometimes i wish i had a cummins because they sound just so dam nasty dude. i know its a dodge and its a cummins and us bowtie guys are supposed to hate them, but you gotta admit, not much else can beat their sound.

although lly's with 5'' mbrp tb systems do sound just as nasty. not quite as loud and slightly different tone though.

Yea..

But it reminds me of a school bus.. :pound:

I like this post for some reason. :noidea::eyebrows:

On the school bus post, I get that sometimes.

i think one of the sweetest set ups is a a 7" mitre cut stack, slightly off center to the right when looking at the truck from the back, painted flat black. you gotta be able to pour the smoke like durallymax can with it though.

think i just sneezed in my pants

I'm running a 4" turbo back pinnacle power/ Jardine w/5" tip.
Love the sound and I guess I am also part of the passenger rear window open to listen to the sound club. PRWOSC

I'm running a 4" turbo back pinnacle power/ Jardine w/5" tip.
Love the sound and I guess I am also part of the passenger rear window open to listen to the sound club. PRWOSC

no **** man, any time i start driving next to a wall or someones brick fence, that window and the pedal always go down :eyebrows:

I just got my Magnaflow 4" turbo-back system and was wondering if there is any tricks to getting stock exhaust out without cutting. I'm going to keep the stock in case I ever do sell the truck. Thanks

I just got my Magnaflow 4" turbo-back system and was wondering if there is any tricks to getting stock exhaust out without cutting. I'm going to keep the stock in case I ever do sell the truck. Thanks

It can be done Keith, you just have to have room to work with and patience.

When I took my stock exhaust off I lowered the spare tire down and also jacked the truck up by the receiver hitch. You want to jack it high enough that the rear axle droops down a bit. Then IIRC pull it out towards the front. Also, if you haven't recently go ahead and change your fuel filter. You'll be looking right at it when you pull the fender liner out.

When I took my stock exhaust off I lowered the spare tire down and also jacked the truck up by the receiver hitch. You want to jack it high enough that the rear axle droops down a bit. Then IIRC pull it out towards the front. Also, if you haven't recently go ahead and change your fuel filter. You'll be looking right at it when you pull the fender liner out.

Thanks Will for the advice. I was going to replace my fuel filter anyway, since its due to be changed. ;) This is how I changed it last time.

I went with a Mbrp 4" single. Mines still looks new.

4" vs 5"

Hey guys I'm going to get a MBRP 4" or 5" turbo back for my LB7 and was wondering how much of a sound difference there is between the two... Right now I have the stock exhaust with the muff taken out and its loud as H and sounds sweet, but I can no longer take the drone at about 75mph going down the highway, its too much... plus just plain want some big pipe on my truck?

I understand 4" is all I really need for my setup, but if 5" will sound better I might take that route.

5" will be more difficult to install, and when I was getting one the concensus was that 5" will actually hurt performance unless you are highly modded. Slows down spool up time.

Back