• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where to wire gauge power

dkanderson

Reaction score
Where do you guys wire your gauges to where they come on when you turn the litghts on? maybe some pictures or somthing would help thanks

On my 98 There is a block on the firewall behind the brake pedal with 6 or 7 pins with a test light I found 1 that was dash lights and dimmed and another that was ign power for the gauges I just crimped a Female spade term on each wire and slid it on the pins It was easy

I don't have pics but you can tap right into the fuse panel. They make a special adaptor that replaces the fuse and then uses two fuses with a pigtail off it. One fuse is for the original accsy and the other fuse is for the pigtail . They work great. Nice and neat.

I don't have pics but you can tap right into the fuse panel. They make a special adaptor that replaces the fuse and then uses two fuses with a pigtail off it. One fuse is for the original accsy and the other fuse is for the pigtail . They work great. Nice and neat.

the fuse panel under the hood or inside and does it say lights or dash lights on it cuz i dont have a test light.

I also orded my gauge pod, if anyone is looking for some pods check this out
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Chevrolet-Chevy-Full-Size-Truck-Gauge-Pods.aspx

Back