• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where is the best place to buy these? The last time I bought them I paid 1 SHIELD. Front Fender Inn

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy these?
The last time I bought them I paid 1 SHIELD. Front Fender Inner Wheel House 15569497 $27.30
That actually included 2 pieces, so 1 order did one vehicle
That was in 2012
Now they are $43.96 each piece on Amazon.
I also need a right half axle for the 94 K3500
Where is the best place to buy them and what brand?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GU87DXS/?tag=jhdiesel-20

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
maybe we could talk one of our vendors into carrying them at a reasonable price

This is a good idea.

I did talk with a guy, the other day, about making a connection to see if a manufacturer he deals with might be interested in making lower control arms for these trucks. Maybe in a few years, those can become available, as well.

Great find! It's good to see a full kit like this. I like it.

Masticated rubber - does that translate to "gets hard and brittle in time, so don't bend it"

What is that little rubber flap for, anyhow?

Great find! It's good to see a full kit like this. I like it.

Masticated rubber - does that translate to "gets hard and brittle in time, so don't bend it"

What is that little rubber flap for, anyhow?
The little flap goes on the bottom, front of the passenger side inner fender

I like that it comes with the plastic pins. I am always running out of those.

I don't have a clue what a masticated rubber is. But I think I had one when I was 17.

This is a good idea.

I did talk with a guy, the other day, about making a connection to see if a manufacturer he deals with might be interested in making lower control arms for these trucks. Maybe in a few years, those can become available, as well.

Forged lower control arms? I recently scored a set from a pick a part boneyard. They’re going on my son’s ‘94 Burb.

As for the shields, I run without because I’ve been doing so much work in there. Easy to get these from a boneyard.

Forged lower control arms? I recently scored a set from a pick a part boneyard. They’re going on my son’s ‘94 Burb.

As for the shields, I run without because I’ve been doing so much work in there. Easy to get these from a boneyard.
Takes me an 1 1/2 round trip just to go to the bone yard. Then they may or may not have what I'm looking for.

Most of the time the flaps there aren't any better than what I have

The little flap goes on the bottom, front of the passenger side inner fender

Yes, I know where it goes, but I am unaware of the purpose. I once thought it was something to do with the battery, when I had gassers, but then it showed up on my diesel, too, with a battery on both sides. That eliminated my theory.

You found forged ones for your son's '94?

I don't know if they would pursue forged or stamped. At this point, anything is better than nothing.

Since the government still controls whether we keep vehicles for long amounts of time or not, it won't be too long until the good ones are gone, consumed by those of us in the salt rot states.

As much as like like a good gubmint conspiracy, there are tons of people here with crazy old cars.

I have seen 1930’s cars sit untouched -uncovered and crap paint in the same yard since the late 70’s and no rust yet. I took the paint down to bare metal on the 1/4 of the 43 Willy’s back in 2010 and it lived outside until 3 years ago. No rust, until I moved to this house where it went into my garage that has a open blocks and slatted windows for airflow on the side of the swimming pool. The chlorine and evaporated water of the pool I figured is what started it rusting finally. Now the windows are borded solid and I am about to fill all the block holes with something to seal it off.

Imo, can’t blame gubmint on this one.
It’s all the weather man- that one is a trade of you pay. I never get a white Christmas, and summer will always hit at least 110, but the only bolts that really break on rigs are exhaust bolts. And bare metal can live here for 50 years undamaged. Any car/ truck with 2 square inches of rust collective is considered total junk by everyone unless it is a rare collector car about to be restored- even then the value drops huge a couple thousand instantly.

Buy new vehicle, drive on salted roads of the given state, vehicle rots to the ground before your eyes, little by little, causing the need for replacement. They don't have to salt - they choose to. They could send the plows out without salt.

You need to vote in someone that will raise taxes to pay for the added equipment, labor, and land to make big city snowmen on!
Good luck getting people to say “Yes, I want more taxes to keep my car longer”. And a politician to run on “I promise to raise taxes!”.

Maybe find a bunch of like minded people and get some beater snow plow trucks to start doing it yourselves. If you keep your main driving routes cleared, then get the news to show the citizens are doing it and gubmint wasting $ on salting, it will get the ball rolling. Car clubs would be my best guess of resource people. They all hate salting, and many have free time and enjoy group action.

Problem with most activists is they aren’t active.
Where I am many people complained about illegal gun laws. I moved from ccw to open carry, pushed the issue, couple friends did research and we had a write up into town council with less than 20 names on it. 3 of us really made the ball roll in a place of 15,000.
Law corrected. A bunch of people at the gun clubs motivated and pushing the county about pistol registration and in clark county, where most of Nevada lives- guess what law is now gone. I’m telling ya- be active, pursue it, and you can change it.

You can teach only who is willing to learn. If the people there are just content with “good enough”, some people have to go down in history as the guy who died trying to improve a community. Keeping the ability to look at yourself in the mirror has to be enough sometimes. If it’s not, that is when a new community comes into play.

I keep putting duct tape on mine. Starting to focus on a longer term community- a little more Heavinly comes to mind.

@jrsavoie - have we derailed this one enough yet? Sorry bout that.
Waiting for pictures of the updated inner fender shield installed. We like a story with happy end, And this one means an upgraded rig with shiny parts!

An installed flap for the inner fender comes with a happy ending?

Do you have to pay extra for that?

I'm not sure that's legal in Illinois. The Happy Endings massage parlor got busted. My cousin - that owned the building - said he had no idea what they were doing there. But they always paid their rent on time.

Back