• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What's your phone flavor?

What's your phone flavor?

• Android

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Apple

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Windows

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My phone's too dumb for that stuff

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Hopefully Samsung will come out with a fix for the last update! Lol. Mine is the same as yours. I wish I didn't do the update.

Sorry Mike. The phone and service ( Verizon) are actually pretty good. If I didn't have the phone before the update I wouldn't have noticed anything, but I was kind of spoiled a little. Still a great phone. My first choice was a Sony Xsperia. The Sony has an even better camera than the S5. More onboard memory too. The S5 is also waterproof.

Don't feel bad about regretting updates for the phones, same story for iPhone updates, 9/10 good, but 1 bad is a p.i.t.a.

My wife and I kept flip phones (Dumb Phones) until a about month a go. I swore I would hold out to the bitter end as far as getting one of them there so called smart phones. Sometimes us older folks just don't like CHANGE. I wouldn't into texting, heck it costed me every time someone sent me a message. I see all these younger people constantly texting, carrying that smart phone around, heck some of them almost walk out into traffic not paying attention.

Well, I gave it some serious thought and really hated to fork out a bunch more money for a phone data plan. However I could see the benefit of real time weather if I was at deer camp or on the farm and lets say a tornado or bad storm was coming. Or being able to look something up on the internet at a moments notice. I weighed out the advantages versus the cost.

Well we did take the plunge and virtually got two $600 dollar phones for free at the time. Went to that phone place one Saturday morning (Valentines Day if I remember correctly) and started looking over all the gadgets. I had already done some research online and kind of had an idea about a couple of different models. We picked out two android phones of the same model except hers was a different color and she got the pretty little pink case to protect it. Our phone bill went from $80 dollars or so to about $120 or so. I got insurance on them because with my luck, my phone will be dropped in the creek or lake somewhere. And yea that texting does come in pretty handy if you just don't want to talk to someone on the phone. Some people can be rather long winded. I also think some people will answer a text faster than they would answer your phone call.

It is what it is as far as the saying goes, here we are, it is 2015 so I suppose we adapt or get left behind.

Same for my wife and I. I just switched over last December. The phones are addictive! They make you turn into an information junkie. LOL
My kids had them much earlier. I kinda got tired of getting my balls busted because I still had a flip phone.

We love our smartphones that replaced flip phones 2 years ago. Wife is a googling fool. They actually enhance conversations if you use them for it.

Check this out. I got my Note 3 a Fry's electronics. Not sure if you guys will have one local to you, but they have the S4 on sale for $369 and with their promo code its $269! Brand new, unlocked.
They had the same deal when I got my phone but were out of stock or I would have got it (kind of glad I got the Note 3 in the end though).
If anyone wants me to check their stock and if they have one (one is the limit per customer) I'll go buy it and mail it to you. You pay shipping.
So $269 + tax + shipping is not bad. Again this assumes they have them still.

http://www.frys.com/search?query_string=7988760+8131995&site=50premail031815

Back