• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What's your average MPG?

What's your average MPG?

• Under 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7-10

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 10-13

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 13-15

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • 15-17

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • 17-19

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • 20-23

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • 23+

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
how they hell are you guys getting in the high teens and low 20's
i use cruise pretty much all the time on the highway and around town im not too hard on the go pedal. cant get much more than 14/15 out of her combined. i know winter hurts with high idle time but geez. i run about 70-73 mph on cruise and with a milage tune i made a couple of weeks ago i just got a high of 17.6 but that was from 2 days of 45 mph on the highway from snowy conditions

how slow are you guys running - like right at 55mph or what

i use cruise pretty much all the time on the highway and around town im not too hard on the go pedal. cant get much more than 14/15 out of her combined. i know winter hurts with high idle time but geez. i run about 70-73 mph on cruise and with a milage tune i made a couple of weeks ago i just got a high of 17.6 but that was from 2 days of 45 mph on the highway from snowy conditions

I run 70 on the hwy and have reached 20.7. In town, I get 17 out of it. I have not checked during the freezing temp weather but I suspect that it may have droppped down to 15-16.

I'll get around 15 in mix 50/50 driving. My highway driving consist around ~63MPH. So, I'm sure that helps as I'm not traveling interstates, just highways.

high 15 to low 16ish is normal. 17 if I don't try to keep up with every acceleration in traffic. Lots of city driving and start-stop bumper to bumper type stuff.

I've brushed the edge of 23 average for the tank on a few occasions before (all highway with the cruise set on 70).

Dang you guys are doing great!

17.1 last fill up for the K2500 Burb. Actually the speedo is off so it is really a little higher than 17.1... Best ever 21 all highway. The Burb is consistent on 17, I fill up at the same place every Monday morning.

The 96 K3500 gets 15.5 no matter what.

6.5 TD: 10 MPG not towing - need to fix some stuff. 7.5 Towing a 28' trailer. Totaled truck was 14.5 MPG not towing and same towing uphill both ways. 4.10 rear end 4x4.

18-19 all around town if I keep my foot out of it, and 21-23 on the highway driving normally. Worst tank so far with the BURB has been 12.3 which was towing a HEAVY box trailer that stood about 5 feet higher than the BURB so had a lot of wind drag to.

I average 13 - 15, my drive to work is under 5 minutes with no traffic. But traffic is hard to miss so it usually takes me 20 min in the morning and over 30 minutes to drive home.

I'm in about 15 or so. about the best I saw was 18 but that was a while ago. mind you that's not bad when driving a brick with no OD and 4.10's

I only have my TDI and nismo right now... average mpgs are 42/26 for each... yes the little sentra does not do that great... 1.6 with an auto... but my TDI is incredible...

Back