• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What's in your Allison?

living on borrowed time:nonod:

):h

Oh believe me..I know. I'm just amazed it's lasted this long after hearing how people have Limped with their Chips barely even turned up. I'm goin full blast here and am doing just fine.

I'll have it built up by Summer Time though.

Oh believe me..I know. I'm just amazed it's lasted this long after hearing how people have Limped with their Chips barely even turned up. I'm goin full blast here and am doing just fine.

I'll have it built up by Summer Time though.

I went 5 years mostly with the edge on level three 90hp(towing)...some regular use on L 4 and occasionally on L 5

Hmmh, what do I have.

SCIII with SC1057.

Running transynd for fluid.

It flares its shifts in 2-3 though and sometimes 3-4. (never 4-5)....sigh!

I got this same damn problem and have been chasing it for over a year now. Does not slip per EFI Live. I think its a pressure thing. Going to have to get ahold of a Tech 2 and check it out. Its bad into 3rd and sometimes 4th. Has been like this even before the tune.

SC IV &1057. T-case brace & deep pan. Snake Oil. Transynd for fluid and other misc. parts

Merchant Auto Stage III Build
Alto Clutches, machine work, Transgo JR shift kit
Precision industries Race converter
Suncoast T-Case brace .Deep pan
Full Syn Transynd.

Also had the Eric Install his T-Case pump rub fix.

Have put 17,000 miles on it with no prob other than GM's damn leaky Cooling lines!

Absolutely NOTHING but Royal Purple Max ATF baby!! Have not Limped it once and I do NOT drive easy at all...but I don't drive like an a$$.

Your not even feeling the power that the PPE is making.
Its nite and day from a stock trans to a built trans.
You actually put all that power to the ground and its amazing.

Be careful running that high power level, it wont last and is probably slower than if youd run the 225 horse tune. But im thinking you like the smoke!

Your not even feeling the power that the PPE is making.
Its nite and day from a stock trans to a built trans.
You actually put all that power to the ground and its amazing.

Be careful running that high power level, it wont last and is probably slower than if youd run the 225 horse tune. But im thinking you like the smoke!

I've been running it all-out like this since July '07 :eek: and it's still goin strong. I know there is no way I'm putting ALL of that +350hp to the ground, but like I said, it's not really showing any signs of quitting, but I am gonna have it built before this coming Summer.

I've been running it all-out like this since July '07 :eek: and it's still goin strong. I know there is no way I'm putting ALL of that +350hp to the ground, but like I said, it's not really showing any signs of quitting, but I am gonna have it built before this coming Summer.

Yeah, im not nocking you , its just unbelievable how these trucks feel when that power gets put the the ground. What a difference as you will see.

Yeah, im not nocking you , its just unbelievable how these trucks feel when that power gets put the the ground. What a difference as you will see.

Oh I know...I'm just in the same boat as the other part of the Country, whereas Money is REAL tight right now. If everything was going as it was before, I woulda had the Trans built wayyyy long ago.

Well, I don't exactly know how to definitely say it is slipping.

When the TQ locks, its golden.

IIRC, I am running a 135 HP daily tune.

I got this same damn problem and have been chasing it for over a year now. Does not slip per EFI Live. I think its a pressure thing. Going to have to get ahold of a Tech 2 and check it out. Its bad into 3rd and sometimes 4th. Has been like this even before the tune.

A lot of these problems can be associated with your driving style and the Allison adaptive learn.

Drew I would try a different tune perhaps it may be your tune causing this a easy test would be to return to stock and drive it and see how it shifts.

You can also put your Allison in fast learn and let it re adapt.

For the guy with the 01,

Although you have the TCM software that everyone wants there is NO fast learn. You have to go in and clear EACH cell and there is a boat load to get your TCM into re adapt. I'd personally go in and clear all taps on the shifts you are having issues with.

Not a bad idea to swap out the tune...it'd be a whole lot easier if EFI got that promised feature of having multiple tunes on a flash card. I've got a killer smoke tune that has wicked power I could try as a daily driver tune :)

Mackin..... I have never done this. Not sure as to how either but will read up on it. Its confused cause I tow with alot and then I will run empty on weekends. Prolly doesnt even know what to think :D

Anyhow it does it regardless....did it while on vacation and had plenty of time to learn then. Did it before tuning too. Does clearing taps hurt anything and how long to learn it?

My Alli is a whore and has tried everything under the sun. It has tried every combination of parts know to me. It is a work in progress. :D

Back