• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What's available for a 4" stainless exhaust these days?

I'm not sure a full stainless kit is available. Summit sells kits that are annodized or galvanized steel. in some cases it might be better when stainless is needed, to have an exhaust shop custom build one on the truck so there are no joints with clamps to have to worry about rusting. just have them install a joint at the bottom of the down pipe so that it can be pulled if and when needed.

I'm not sure a full stainless kit is available. Summit sells kits that are annodized or galvanized steel. in some cases it might be better when stainless is needed, to have an exhaust shop custom build one on the truck so there are no joints with clamps to have to worry about rusting. just have them install a joint at the bottom of the down pipe so that it can be pulled if and when needed.
I had installed a heavy 2 bolt flange there on at least one vehicle.

I had talked to Heart Throb several years ago. They said they updated machines and the bends for our vehicles didn't transfer, so they quit producing them.
They said they could make a custom system, if I Brought them the truck.
That was a few years ago, haven't checked to see if they're even still in business.

They are in Minnesota.

I haven't found a local shop, or even close to local.

I've never had longevity out of an aluminized system .

It had an aluminized on it before. Not much left to it now.

Though any system will probably outlast me now.

I have some heavy plate that I could make 2 bolt flanges out of if need be.

It seems I could get connector like the turbo has on it also.

I'd better check before buying. I might have something here.
I've done that before.

Here's the best price on stainless

Quadstar looks to have the best price on Aluminized with shipping included in price

Here's the same kit from Summit, not sure what shipping is

When funds allow I'll be getting the stainless from the first link above

Here's the best price on stainless

Quadstar looks to have the best price on Aluminized with shipping included in price

Here's the same kit from Summit, not sure what shipping is

When funds allow I'll be getting the stainless from the first link above
Thanks

That stainless kit isn't a bad price. I know things have gone up since I bought my diamond eye kit (steel) from Summit.

Install the stainless kit and when the truck finally rots away years later the exhaust system will still be there LOL.

in some cases it might be better when stainless is needed, to have an exhaust shop custom build one on the truck so there are no joints with clamps to have to worry about rusting
If I ever get a custom stainless exhaust on anything, it’s going on in sections, with V-band flanges and clamps so it’s fully removable.
Just something I saw a while back that I’ve been wanting to do.

I'm not sure such an exhaust exists out of the box; one would have to buy their own stainless v- band flanges and clamps and weld up the pieces they'd want to come apart in sections to fit their truck.

Definitely use v band instead of flanges. Flanges are how most manufacturers do it with various gaskets and donuts, because it is cheaper to mass produce. But the cost is low per vehicle depending how many locations. Worth the money saved when doing thousands or millions. The advantage other than cost is one of the pipes can be off by a little bit in production and will work. But doing it one off, it will be built correct and the lack of gaskets, and the longer term reliability of v band plus better flow characteristics makes it worth the few extra dollars spent.

Right now there is absolutely no one offering a complete replacement exhaust system for hummers, nor Have I ever seen one. There are a few companies that offer “test pipes” that are obviously for testing purposes only bypassing certain stock components. And a couple companies that offer most of a system. But all in 3.5”, not 4”. And one that I know is a high quantity real 304 stainless costs $1,750 plus shipping.

So… enjoy the fact that there is even the option to buy a complete premade kit, and that it is affordable. It is much easier to buy a premade kit that you know fits, then modify it to use vbands in locations rather than permanently assemble.

I looked on their list, and they had hummer so I had to click it.
I took me to site that in the web address bar said ssdiesel- hut had some online gaming stuff on the screen. Odd…
And, is hearththrob really the shop side of ss diesel?

I looked on their list, and they had hummer so I had to click it.
I took me to site that in the web address bar said ssdiesel- hut had some online gaming stuff on the screen. Odd…
And, is hearththrob really the shop side of ss diesel?
I know SS Diesel used to sell Heart Throb exhaust.

I know they're located in Minnesota, within an hour of my son.

At one time they were willing to do a custom exhaust for a Tahoe.

A little redundant

I am looking for a 4" stainless exhaust system with a 3" downpipe for a 1994 K3500, 6.5 diesel, crew cab, long bed,

with a removable downpipe - ball and socket - flange connection or V band.

What's available these days?

Mel's makes one. Not bad in price. It's clamped at the downpipe to exhaust connection. I'll want to change that if I order their's

It does not have the ball & socket, V band or flanged connection to connect the downpipe to the 4" .

Does anyone have a suggestion or link where I could buy those pieces separately?

Near Kankakee, Illinois
But willing to travel

I'd also be interested in a used stainless system if anyone sees a part out

Back