• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

what wax is everyne using?

I just use whatever I can find. Like durallymax said, I can't tell a good wax from a bad one. As long as it takes out some of the scratches, I don't really care

I use a combination of Zaino, Poorboys, and a local company called Majestic Solutions. With these three there isn't much I can't do. They are all great products that are very easy to use.

I'm a meguires guy, but only for finishing. For buffing, rubbing, and de-scratching, it's 3M professional products (big white bottles). I use 3M up until the swirl removing, then it's meguires.

Liquid Glass for me. It gives the truck a mirror like finish, easy to apply and last a long time. I put three coats on a new car and re-apply once a year. I also do the windshield so the bug guts don't stick.

The fun part is to put it on a small area of a friends car and have them put a beer can on that area. The can will slide right off!

i use eagle one products. i would like to try out the zymol stuff but it is way too expensive.

ARDEX flint glaze.... its a paste but it works the absolute best and i do this for a living for a medeum gmc pont buick dealership here in fl...so i have a little experiance in this dept....check out my black 02 paint dont look 6 yrs old

work014-1.jpg

work022-1.jpg

I use Adam's Buttery wax and Menzerna FMJ.
I use a Porter Cable random orbital polisher to put the wax on and to take it off.
It makes things so much easier and a lot faster.
[FONT=arial, verdana,]
[/FONT]

I use the "Ice" liquid fairly often, doesn't build up and I can use it on all the textured plastic too. Doesn't leave the white residue. I clay bar(3M) 2 times a year followed with a good hard wax.

By the way, I will never own another black truck, I want my white one back....:) On second thought, there isn't anything prettier than a freshly detailed black truck...:doh:
X2 on the ICE and black both...
I was gonna order a 3M clay bar until I saw it's about $40 a copy... Couldn't pull the trigger

Back