• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

what wax is everyne using?

I used Turtle Wax on my last truck. I haven't waxed this new one yet. I'll probably get around to doing that this summer..

i have alot of different wax's at my house me and my buddy used to detail cars so i have alot of left over stuff just dont know what to use yet. and by the way i hate waxing white trucks lol so this should be fun.

same

i have alot of different wax's at my house me and my buddy used to detail cars so i have alot of left over stuff just dont know what to use yet. and by the way i hate waxing white trucks lol so this should be fun.

waxing white trucks is pretty much pointless imo. wont really be able to tell a difference between it being freshly washed and freshly waxed, so not worth the time imo.

had my truck since august and ive waxed it two or three times so far. every time i do though its a major undertaking where i do multiple washes, i clay bar and wax, clean all the interior, glass, tires and wheels etc... last time i spent about six hours doing it all. because it takes so long, i dont do it that often lol. plus, when my truck is shiny and clean, its easier to spot the few dings in my paint that i have, which sucks :doh:

I wax once a year and just use spray shine the rest of the year. It saves a lot of time and works just as well, pending you don't have a black truck

I like meguires proucts. I also got my hands on some liquid glass that seems to work extremely well. I had my truck detailed once by a guy and he used it and nothing would stick to the paint for several months, the paint felt slick to the touch.

I have a tin of meguirs sitting for summer time. Never got around to waxing this fall.

Ive used a lot of turtle wax before on our tractors.

Honestly I cant tell good wax from bad wax.

I like meguires proucts. I also got my hands on some liquid glass that seems to work extremely well. I had my truck detailed once by a guy and he used it and nothing would stick to the paint for several months, the paint felt slick to the touch.

What is this liquid glass you speak of? Sounds good if it worked for months.
I wax mine everytime i wash it, so in the past 2 months ive done it about once a week. It makes it so much easier to wash the next time and stays cleaner longer. I went off roading some and the mud was almost falling off. I use this stuff called Flash Wax, only takes me 10 minutes to wax and 20 to wax off. Sometimes i use Meguires cleaner wax.

i have used a lot of products on varios paint surfaces i think the best thing is used was called nanowax but i dont think its on the market anymoe

I use the "Ice" liquid fairly often, doesn't build up and I can use it on all the textured plastic too. Doesn't leave the white residue. I clay bar(3M) 2 times a year followed with a good hard wax.

By the way, I will never own another black truck, I want my white one back....:) On second thought, there isn't anything prettier than a freshly detailed black truck...:doh:

Back