• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What was odd about the 94 DS4?

scottm

Reaction score
I recall something odd about the 94 ds4 - something that requires a distinctly different IP part number for the affected models. Was it a problem with the earliest models? How do you identify the odd ones, and what are the solutions? I just bought a 94 6.5 blazer not running, so this is probably something I need to be aware of.

The 94 HD trucks had the oddball IP. The Cam ring had a different profile.

Your Blazer will have the standard IP.

For 94 most all F engines got the 5068 IP, and S engines for the most part got the 5521 compatible pump(I believe it was the 5067 for 94). Sometime in 94 GM switched and used the same pump on all engines. Also t=you could change the PROM chip in the ECM, and use either pump depending on which chip you had installed.

Just make sure of your IP model first. It's on a tag bolted to the pump; you will alcohol need the number off tour existing PROM chip. Bill will help you get what you need.

Just make sure of your IP model first. It's on a tag bolted to the pump; you will alcohol need the number off tour existing PROM chip. Bill will help you get what you need.

You using your speech to text again? Or just suggesting a few beers before diving into the project, eh?

Good grief. iPhones suck

Yes they do. My gf has an iPhone 5 and is jealous of my Galaxy S III that I have (and use more than my laptop, like to post this) because it works so much better in VTT, far more memory, better camera, etc.

Get a PROM chip to allow it to run correctly. Many trucks have already been upgraded through the years though, so make sure before you do anything.

Back