• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What transmission is this?

sidelined

Reaction score
My 1994 3500 DRW 4x4 window sticker states that the truck has a "4 speed auto trans w/overdrive and electronic control". I see a lot of different transmission numbers on this forum, how can I tell which one mine is?

My 1994 3500 DRW 4x4 window sticker states that the truck has a "4 speed auto trans w/overdrive and electronic control". I see a lot of different transmission numbers on this forum, how can I tell which one mine is?
4L80E. great trans.

Might I suggest fresh fluids & filter before making that tow, how far U planning on towing 1st time out?

Where in NE MS U at I'm on the coast, I tow on occasion to 18K# with mine but many mods as seen in signature, for towing IMO gauges are a must have boost-EGT-& trans temp.

Im in Columbus, MS. It will just be a local tow this trip. The guy I got it from was doing the same thing with it so it should be fine for this one, but will definitely be changing all the fluids soon.

Just noticed the truck for sale in your signature. What is the gear vendor all about? Is that just a better transmission?
yes, it's for sale. needs a few things done to it but runs real good. i will post a real ad about when i get the other one finished. i've had to use it so many times while working on the 93, i hate to get rid of it. i'm driving it right now this week, trans in the 93 isn't shifting so replacing the electrics.
the gearvendor is an extra OD unit. drops another 500 rpm off. i have 4.10's and only hit 1900 at 70 mph. it bolts to the back of the 4L80 after you remove the tail shaft and redo the drive shaft. i have a post about it. pretty straight forward install.

Back