• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What Trans Line Repair Kit?

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
Which Kit should I get? I Was Under my Truck the other Day and Noticed my Lines are Leaking. They weren't this Past Winter, but now they are. :(

The Kit On the Merchant Auto Site is $199...the Kit On the All Season Site is $225.

But with the Price Difference aside, is one Kit actually better than the other or are they pretty much the same?

My guess is they will both provide you with a good fix. The Merchant lines look to be a little stiff and a 2000 psi hose is over kill. I am also unsure by the picture what type of connection you will be making to the OEM hard lines.

James, the feed back from Tony's kits I have seen would bend me in that direction. Not saying the Merchant kit is not good I just think flexibility is important and am not sure that a 2000 psi line will provide that.

Which every way you go please keep us posted on the outcome.

I have heard that the All Season kit is very good quality. If I ever need to replace again, that's how I would go.

I didn't want to start another thread so I thought I would hi-jack this one...:hihi:

Anyways, my trans lines are starting to seep a bit, and I guess at over 100K I'm lucky it hasn't happened sooner. There is a Parker/Racor shop here in town and they will make up hydraulic lines. I was wondering if it would be worth it to have them make them up for me, or get a kit? They don't have a garage it's more of a store front for all things hydraulic.

Also, I have no desire to take my lines off and have the truck down while all this takes place. So, are there some specs out there for making these up that doesn't require a fluids engineer to understand?

What do you guys think?

I didn't want to start another thread so I thought I would hi-jack this one...:hihi:

Anyways, my trans lines are starting to seep a bit, and I guess at over 100K I'm lucky it hasn't happened sooner. There is a Parker/Racor shop here in town and they will make up hydraulic lines. I was wondering if it would be worth it to have them make them up for me, or get a kit? They don't have a garage it's more of a store front for all things hydraulic.

Also, I have no desire to take my lines off and have the truck down while all this takes place. So, are there some specs out there for making these up that doesn't require a fluids engineer to understand?

What do you guys think?

Either the allseason kit, or take off the lines and have the hydraulic shop make you up new ones. The local shop is probably the cheapest. They should be able to use your hose ends and just give you new middles that do not leak at the crimps. I went to o local shop and went overkill with SS braided hoses and 3000psi fittings. :D

I think I will try to see if the local guys can make something up for me, but if it starts to become a hassle I'll pop for the kit, which by the way is purty cool lookin'!!!

I didn't realize that these hoses would be that expensive, so I only want to do this once..

Thanks fellas. :thumbsup:

It wasn't the hoses that were bad on the OEM's, it was the terrible crimping job. ANY hose that is made up at a local hose shop will be way better than stock OEM hoses. Just a poor, design and poor crimping job on the OEM hoses. I think you will be just fine Jeff!

I replaced the main supply hose on mine long ago with the new 'improved crimp' from GM. Looked the same to me (and I am well educated on hydraulic hoses) but what the hey... Never a leak since.

I know this thread is a bit long in the tooth, but does anyone know what the psi rating is on the All Season cooler repair line fitttings?

Some folks are saying 50 psi, that seems low to me, although I'm thinkin' there is no mainline pressure to the cooler, 50 just seems low. Of course I don't think I need 3000psi fittings like some people....:hihi: ;) Just bustin' on RI a bit.

Maybe the question I should ask is, anybody that used the All Season kit have any issues yet, leaking, fitment, flexibility, etc.?

Mike - I saw your post on the new improved GM hose, but I wouldn't know if I was getting the new one or an old design still on the parts shelf.

I saw one thread that a guy used these types of hoses, but he bought a flairing tool and flared the lines after cutting them and then screwed on the hoses. Looked good, but if that isn't necessary then I good with the compression fittings.

I've been draggin' my feet on this 'cause I only want to do this once....and I'm lazy...:skep:

Jeff, I don't think there are any old ones left at the parts supply but if I had to do it again I'd likely try the All Seasons kit or better yet if Leroy or Greg have them for ours. Changing that main hose was a huge PITA job.

I remember reading a post from Mike L. that the hoses should be able to withstand about 125 psi. I think that is what the Allisons put out at its highest pressure. Just double check me on that. I am sure that the hoses from allseason are fine. Tony B puts out some nice stuff for our trucks.

What? You don't like my 3000 PSI hoses? :D :lmao: I only wanted to do them once as well. ;)

On a cold morning the cooler circuit can see almost full line pressure, so you have to have hose rated for at least 225PSI which is what they can see for short periods when cold. On average they only see about 80PSI working pressure going down the road.

I was close. That is why I splurged for the 3000 psi hoses! :lmao:

Oh yeah, well I change my oil every 1000 miles and I use synthetic!! :hihi:

Anyways, I pulled the trigger today on Tony's kit. $225 seemed high, but I didn't wanna fight a stiff hose...... :eek:....Ummm you know what I mean.

So the All Season kit is on the way in, and the cooler leaks on the way out!

Thanks for the info.

Back