• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What to do?

Louisianarebel

Fits gonna hit the SHan soon
Reaction score
I want to either lift my truck 4 inches or bring it back to stock and make it go fast... If i brought it back to stock and got smaller tires it would get better mileage and the cv shafts would be straight. If i lifted it i would have to get bigger tires and get worse mileage and cvs would be straight but it would also be more expensive. :mad2:

What do yall think i should do? pros n cons n all that good stuff...

How big of wheels? I would put something in the neighborhood of 285s on it, lower it to the point of fitting them, and KEEP the cognito UCAs. IMHO, that'd probably give you a nice balance of ride, economy, and functionality.

I have 18's on it right now. The cv shafts are at a bad angle right now and that worries me too.

Run something less wide than 325/60 and lower a little maybe? Plus the go fast goodies..then you won't be breaking your front end on boosted launches ):h

I agree with maxattitude..... GO BIG....lift it.... you can always do performance later that is compatible with the lift.... if you do all go fast then later you will have to change stuff to make it work to its full potential with the lifts.... if that makes sense.....

Reason lift isnt one of my top picks right now:
IMGP05471.jpg

PIC-0103.jpg

I can only be so high before i cant use it anymore. :nonod:

That is why I don't lift my trucks, we are in the same boat, I don't feel much like adjusting the neck of my trailer every time I need to pull with a different truck.

I say to leave it and just make it go fast, put some narrower tires on, so when you drop it they don't rub, and just make it faster!!

Back