• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What the Navistar guys are doing?

As for mechanical injection 6.2/5, it's called a DB4 .

7.3/6.9 pumps spin opposite.

DS4 guys can tweek their ECMs and get lots more fuel..

The 7.3 pumps share a lot of the same inside parts with the 6.5 pumps. If they can do that with the 7.3 pumps they should be able to do this with the 6.5 pumps!

As for mechanical injection 6.2/5, it's called a DB4 .

7.3/6.9 pumps spin opposite.

DS4 guys can tweek their ECMs and get lots more fuel..

These pumps flow around 400 hp on fuel only. no wmi, propane, or nitrous supposedly was used and they did it at stock rpms. i heard about anyone that is making 400 hp all fuel with a DS4 pumps at stock rpm

Just a funny kind of site note talking about 400hp, when I took my truck to the dyno, the owner of G&J Diesel said they had a 6.5L on there a while back that made 400hp, but he also said they sprayed a shit ton of nitrous in it haha

Just a funny kind of site note talking about 400hp, when I took my truck to the dyno, the owner of G&J Diesel said they had a 6.5L on there a while back that made 400hp, but he also said they sprayed a shit ton of nitrous in it haha

well, IMO it wasn't really making 400HP.

I don't like bottle, prefer throttle!

;)

Yeah. I am not a hug fan of nitrous. I prefer more fuel haha But point being it is very possible for 400hp. Who knows how long the block and such will handle it. I just thought it was kind of neat.

You might want to get a hold of Mel, the reseller/originator of "moose pumps". A "hot rodded" version of the ford DB2:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9513431&postcount=4

He could probably at least point you int he right direction.

I also believe I read on a forum (think it was oilburners.net) they they were offering limited db2's for 6.5's.

Don't quote me on that though...

if somebody does call them, definately post up on what they have available. I got more fuel than I can use now but I am sure others could use a hot rod pump who have many more mods than me lol I am doing a way simple budget build

You might want to get a hold of Mel, the reseller/originator of "moose pumps". A "hot rodded" version of the ford DB2:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9513431&postcount=4

He could probably at least point you int he right direction.

I also believe I read on a forum (think it was oilburners.net) they they were offering limited db2's for 6.5's.

Don't quote me on that though...

the Moose pump is just a db-2 4911 that spins correct for the navi 6.9-7.3l.... the ford guys are all changing the governor springs out of their pumps for 6.2l ones because they gain another 1000-1500 rpms.... so a .2831 pump is like a huge upgrade.... studied all of agnems results of the mooses and the injectors he does too.... seems like the ford guys are still 10 years behind us for fueling....

the dps pumps are the pumps flowing a lot more fuel not the moose pumps which are just modified DB2s like stated above.

No sense looking on oil burners...I am working on a project with a regular on there. We are doing a 6.9/7.3 boosted project. I like Mel and everything but There is a guy,on Oilburners.com, building db2/bs4 hybrid pumps for the fords. He has dyno runs to back his claims. He has gotten most of the details worked out. My guy is in direct contact with him and we are working on a GM version. I will bring my buddy to this site as soon as he heals..(very sick! throwing up and stuff!).

P.S....I will never forget the look on Mel's face! We met at an IDI meet up north. He tried a small burnout with his Dodge across the hotel lot just kinda showing off.....I did the same with my 69 Chev with a NA6.2! ONLY WAY BETTER!...Priceless!

From the discussion we had with a pump shop in the states Wednesday, we discussed the uses and availability of heads, rotors and plungers. He mentioned that a Stanadyne pump that was on the "Fords" was a .450" plunger pump.

Tim, do you have any actual data (pics, dynos, specs etc...) on the different builds that Bill Heath did?

Back