• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What sort of vegetable gardening the guys do.

What sort of vegetable gardening the guys do.

• I my garden is large so I use one of those rear tine self propelled tillers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I raise vegetables on a large scale like a side business so I have at least one full sized tractor.

• I run a truck farm so I have a lot of tractors and equipment.

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This weeks contribution by L98TPI.....

Thanks L98TPI

Now its getting nippy in the mid east. gardens are going to sleep for the winter. That makes me wonder what sort of vegetable gardening the guys do. The size of our gardens are often indicated by the equipment we use to prepare them, so that is what I am going by.

1. I have no place for a garden, so I get all my veg from the store.
2. I just go to the grocery store, cause I am to lazy to garden.
3. I have a small patch I work with hand tools.
4. I have a plot big enough to warrant a front tine tiller.
5. I my garden is large so I use one of those rear tine self propelled tillers.
6. I have a tiny farm / big garden so I use a small tractor (Farmall Cub sized or smaller)
7. I raise vegetables on a large scale like a side business so I have at least one full sized tractor.
8. I run a truck farm so I have a lot of tractors and equipment.

9. Other (added)

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

Small patch. Raised bed garden. I live in hard red/orange clay so the raised bed I amended the soil actually really only added a bit of my soil to a bunch of sand, compost, and bags of topsoil. Makes working with hand tools easier to have nice soft soil.

we had rented a small garden plot( 10X 50ft) for the year. it came plowed already so just needed the hand tools to help work it. It was a good years for somethings but took alot of watering to keep it green.

Large (60 x 80) garden but I still use the old front tine tiller. I've been a big time vegtable and flower gardener my entire life.

Farmers markets and roadside local farm stands. Lots of 'em around here. Absolute best silver queen sweet corn in the world... In. The. World. :D

We had a ~1 Acre garden this year, with 4 rows of sweet corn, 2 rows of potatoes, half a dozen tomato plants, couple of pepper plants and some onions and garlic on the side. It was a great excuse to break out the small disc behind the JD 70, till it up, then borrowed our neighbor's JD 494 planter for the sweet corn, behind the 70. Planted everything else by hand (mostly mom and dad). We ate the corn right out of the garden this summer, along with the potatoes and onions, for the most part. Came home this weekend for fall break and dug out the rest of the potatoes by hand (well, potato fork), got 3 5 gallon pails and 2 bushel baskets, mixture of red and white (Not sure exact varieties). That's good eating.

I voted "Other".

Holy!!! That's how they manufacture vegatables? Always wanted to have a green thumb but it usually covered in very black oil for some reason...

I go to the grocery store when I'm on my own and doing shopping, either because I'm lazy or because I have no place to garden. Right now, living with my folks with this new job and figuring out what to do with my house, my folks have a garden and cook. :)

Back