• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What kind of Phone?

What kind of cell phone do you prefer/have?

• iPhone

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Android

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Blackberry

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Flip Phone

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Brick (Solid Phone)

• Note taped on an actual brick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tin Cans on String

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's a Cell Phone?

• Total voters
Yeah my S3 is still a surprise when I pick it up to answer after all those years with compact flip units. Nice having the bluetooth setup in the truck now so I'm hands free.

You guys are right, some of the phones are huge... I was surprised how big the S4 and the One actually are when you hold them. I've got an Otterbox Commuter cover on my dying Evo and it has protected the phone but the plastic screen protector is lifting at the corners and looks like ka-kah.

It's had a problem with the screen for a while now, the notifications bar won't swipe down from the top in portrait mode. Have to flip it to landscape and then it will pull down and I can clear notifications.

It's pretty easy to pull the Otterbox and then pop the phone apart to clean or replace the screen cover. I carry mine in all kinds of dusty conditions out mowing or in the field and have to take it apart every so often to clean. I have a pack of 2 spare screen covers when needed. I only use a micrifiber towel or glasses cleaner cloth on it.

I cannot stand the plastic screen protectors. Even when i get them on perfectly, they always annoy me. Gorilla Glass is going to have to live up to its name with me!

Ed, my Lenovo tablet has that Corning Gorilla Glass and I have yet to scratch it.

UPS shows the new phone will come in tomorrow.

Pretty much all new phones have a version of Corning's Gorilla Glass, the S4 gets 3. So it's the most modern. Corning is slowly taking over our lives, too. ;)

You guys are right, some of the phones are huge... I was surprised how big the S4 and the One actually are when you hold them. I've got an Otterbox Commuter cover on my dying Evo and it has protected the phone but the plastic screen protector is lifting at the corners and looks like ka-kah.

It's had a problem with the screen for a while now, the notifications bar won't swipe down from the top in portrait mode. Have to flip it to landscape and then it will pull down and I can clear notifications.

My s2 is like that, l have to be using an app in portrait for it to pull down..

Screenshot_2013-06-16-23-03-32.png

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, very interesting thread. When I sold my business back in 06 we went to strictly cell phone and did away with all land lines. I currently have an LG Cosmos which is a slide phoe to expose the keyboard. I have refused to go to a smart phone because they cost so much. I do have an Ipad with Wifi and 3g if I need the computer when on the road. It is interesting to see what others are doing and their rationale for doing so. I have a bose bluetooth that I use the heck out of and my Garmin 1490 has bluetooth so I can also run the phone through that if I prefer.

I have an iphone, but as soon as I make the sacrifice for a protective case, I'm looking to switch to an Note 3 or an S4, or their previous models... I'm tired of apple...

Wow, very interesting thread. When I sold my business back in 06 we went to strictly cell phone and did away with all land lines. I currently have an LG Cosmos which is a slide phoe to expose the keyboard. I have refused to go to a smart phone because they cost so much. I do have an Ipad with Wifi and 3g if I need the computer when on the road. It is interesting to see what others are doing and their rationale for doing so. I have a bose bluetooth that I use the heck out of and my Garmin 1490 has bluetooth so I can also run the phone through that if I prefer.
Last month I finally got out of the stone age and got an android, Galaxy Note 3. Yes it is big but, I really like it and am still on a vertical learning curve.

Just got told I'm getting an iPhone from work and they're taking my ancient Galaxy S.

I'd rather keep the Galaxy with the battery that keeps falling out and won't download 90% of the apps from the play store because it's too old.

The 5s isn't a bad phone. My Daughter had to get to her 5th one before she got one that worked correctly. She has since gone to a Droid, Galaxy Note 3, and likes it better for what she is doing.

I've refused to jump on the Apple bandwagon and have been an Android user since 08 or so. The HTC One I have as my personal phone has hands down been the best smartphone I've had. It's fast and has great battery life, good sound and a good display.

Back