• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What is the furthest you have driven you truck one way from your home on a trip.

What is the furthest you have driven your truck one way from your home on a trip.

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
What is the furthest you have driven your truck one way from your home on a trip.

0 to 100 miles
101 to 500 miles
501 to 1000 miles
1001 to 1500 miles
1501 to 2000 miles
2001 to 2500 miles
2501 to 3000 miles
3001 to 4000 miles
More than 4000 miles.
I don't go anywhere.
I have no clue yet. (for orrum)

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

Last edited:
Furthest I have been so far with the BURB one way was New Jersey, but I have driven other vehicles quite a bit furthur for a trip. I voted for the BURB though.

The longest one way trip would be from Fairbanks, AK to Carrollton, TX. It was an almost 4,000 mile trip.

In my current truck I have driven to MO and back, once.

From Waterford Ontario to Picture butte Alberta..About 2500 ml.
Not my own truck though,was in a U-haul truck with an oval front wheel

From my home in NJ to Central Arizona was 2700 miles. Did that in the little green truck with a small uhaul trailer tagged behind me the whole way. Combined total weight was about 10K

Tennessee to Michigan for me.. or TN to FL. I'm always going North -South.

If only one way, we bought the truck in Orlando and drove to Grants Pass, OR via Waco, TX and Las Vegas, NV. Just under 3500 miles in 7 days spent flying, wrenching, unloading a storage unit in Waco, and praying we would make it home 3/2012. Last year we did 5500 miles on a trip from Grants Pass. OR to Chicago, The Bad Lands in SD, Yellowstone, Coeur D'Alene, ID, Hood River, OR, Portland, OR and finally home. That was a 2 week trip That was done in our old 2000 GMC Denali 9/2011. Grants Pass to Palmdale, CA (wifes aunt and uncle) to Riverside, CA ( wifes cousins wedding) hell... um I mean El Centro, CA (wifes uncle) to San Diego, CA to Port Hueneme, CA (grandmas house) up to San Fran and then home. 2200 miles in 9 days with a Denali that we had for 36 hours and an 8 month old and uh oh yeah, we were camping. I also Did Grants Pass to Port Hueneme, CA (grandmas house) to Houston to New Orleans to Gulfport MS to Odenville AL (cousin) to Atlanta (sister and family) to Tallahassee FL, (great aunt) to St Augustine FL back to Atlanta (drop off sister) to Bowling Green KY (corvette museum) and back to GP. Just over 7000 miles in 2 weeks! All Done in my old corvette. Can you tell that we love a good road trip? :)
FLtrip021.jpg

Denalibridge.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Between 1k-2k miles. Trips from Minot, North Dakota to Martinsville, IN. Stopped once in Freeman, SD on the way back to Minot on Thanksgiving weekend 2012.

I win this hands down. In the now wrecked '95 Suburban with 6.5 TD we drove from Fullerton in SoCal to cover the Alaska Hwy starting at Dawson Creek. Included the Klondike loop. From Fairbanks we covered the Dalton Hwy to Galbraith Lake on the North Slope side of the Brooks Range and back to Fairbanks where we got notice that our Ferry from Haines to Bellingham blew an engine and would be out of commission for a month. So we went down to Anchorage and covered the Kenai Peninsula (fishing along the way), then to Valdez, Haines and we took the Cassiar Hwy down to Prince Rupert, then inland and back down to California via the 395. All total, 10,500+ miles and plenty of sights. We plan on doing it again.

I win this hands down. In the now wrecked '95 Suburban with 6.5 TD we drove from Fullerton in SoCal to cover the Alaska Hwy starting at Dawson Creek. Included the Klondike loop. From Fairbanks we covered the Dalton Hwy to Galbraith Lake on the North Slope side of the Brooks Range and back to Fairbanks where we got notice that our Ferry from Haines to Bellingham blew an engine and would be out of commission for a month. So we went down to Anchorage and covered the Kenai Peninsula (fishing along the way), then to Valdez, Haines and we took the Cassiar Hwy down to Prince Rupert, then inland and back down to California via the 395. All total, 10,500+ miles and plenty of sights. We plan on doing it again.
stop on by next time

My dad bought a car in Virginia last year, drove the truck down with an empty trailer, then drove back after renting a car down there to go see a race at Bristol. Each way in the truck was about 560 miles.

January 2007.

Flew from Raliegh to Spokane WA to pick up the truck and drive it home. Would have been about 2500 miles by the shortest route but that's no fun. So, my son and I took two plus weeks to work our way back...almost 5000 miles.

Milage.jpg

Back