• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What is the fastest you have ever driven on the highway (mph)?

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score

1. 65-75
2. 75-85
3. 85-95
4. 95-105
5. 105-115
6. I’d rather not say.

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

When I had my motorcycle I went 185 once, just to see how fast it would go.

I would do 105 to 115 regularly on it.

I hit 146 in the Firebird one time. Used to frequent the 120's in that.

Diesel - 95 mph
Last 3/4 ton ECLB - had laid over on 100 mph plenty of times
79 GMC - 70 mph or so

Be careful in Illinois. Speeding over 30 mph is now a felony with a mandatory 6 monthes in jail. 40 mph is a mandatory year in the pokey.

Some Illinois legislators have it as their stated goal to make as many offenses felonies as possible to reduce the number of legal gun owners.

My speeds are about 130 mph Mach I and 125 mph bike

The pic was when I set the camera down on the Bonneville Salt Flats. I have been faster on my motorcycle but when I'm being stupid by racing my dad, I don't look anywhere but where I'm going.
120mph.jpg

When my mom got hurt a few years back I made it to Tampa(about 30 miles away) just a few minutes after the helicopter got her there. The ole BURB bumped that 120 limiter I put in it a few times on the way. The fastest I have been clocked was 117 though in the 1/8th mile. Pushed my old JEEP pick-up quite a bit furthur up than that though back in my high school days.

Fastest on 2 wheels was 127mph on my bike (ZX-6R).
On 4 wheels, I've hit 110 in the Cummins. Topped out at 108 in my '06 LLY.

Fastest on 2 wheels was 72 mph, and I used to have the framed ticket to prove it. Framed because it was on a bicycle. (Looong steep fwonking hill on a 12 speed racing bike, with a State Trooper behind me. He pulled me over at the bottom and I begged him to write the ticket.)

Fastest on 2 wheels was 72 mph, and I used to have the framed ticket to prove it. Framed because it was on a bicycle. (Looong steep fwonking hill on a 12 speed racing bike, with a State Trooper behind me. He pulled me over at the bottom and I begged him to write the ticket.)

alright we need a pic of that ticket lol

alright we need a pic of that ticket lol

The operative phrase up there was "used to have". I lost everything I owned in a fire March 21st 1999. Everything but the clothes on my back and two photo albums that somehow ended up in the cast iron kitchen sink under a pile of broken dishes from the cabinet above it.

The ticket was in Nassau County in NY, coming down a large hill near Sands Point, on our way back to NYC after doing a double century ride with some friends out to Montauk Point and back.

^^On a bicycle... 58 going down Hogpen Gap in NE GA which averages 15% for almost 7 miles with lots of switchbacks. Passed a bunch of cars on the way down. Couldn't imagine going 70+ however.

The Buell hit 130 a few times but it took 3 weeks and tucking into a ball behind the tiny windscreen to get there.

The car has been up to 120 without any issues.

^^On a bicycle... 58 going down Hogpen Gap in NE GA which averages 15% for almost 7 miles with lots of switchbacks. Passed a bunch of cars on the way down. Couldn't imagine going 70+ however.

The Buell hit 130 a few times but it took 3 weeks and tucking into a ball behind the tiny windscreen to get there.

The car has been up to 120 without any issues.

I was a lot younger (and stupider) back then, and in much better shape. This was on a 12 speed aluminum frame Kabuki, pedaling like a madman, on a very long (about 4 miles) grade that I think was about 12%. I remember there was a Mexican restaurant at the bottom, with a sand and gravel parking lot (and a couple of jeeps with fake machine gun mounts out front) that I slid into when I got to the bottom and finally stopped.

Anyone on here from L.I. and knows the hill I'm talking about?

Back