• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What is the brand name on the oil filter in your truck(s) right now?

What is the brand name on the oil filter in your truck(s) right now?

• STP

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Purolator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bosh

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Amsoil

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Mobil

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • K&N

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Wix

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • NAPA

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Fram

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • AC Delco

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Baldwin

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score

Tell us what your running to filter your engines oil.

This is NOT a public poll so those that run an orange filter are protected........:hihi:

This is a multiple choice poll for those that have more than one truck.

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE......

Last edited:
walmart here actually sells the AC delco for my car and the Mopar filter for my Jeep so makes it easy and cheap to buy them. Bought a case of AC delco's for the truck when I bought it. Have enough filters to go to 100k miles.

Yeah, Walmart sells both the ACDelco filter I need and the Mobil-1 Synthetic I like to use. At about half of what the GM guys sell them for, so that isn't a hard choice to make.

I have found the STP filters from AUTOZONE to work best for me. They are made by DEUTCH, but AZ changed the name on them as everybody kept calling them dusche filters. I ran WIX a few times and got the infamous DMAX typewriter tick REALLY bad, but I don't have it with the STP's. Also I have found that they all seem to have a drainback valve in them as well whereas some others won't have it.

I use the Wix 2 quart filter on my truck. I pick the up at O'Reilly's for a decent price. :thumbsup:

Used a NAPA oil filter on this truck the first couple times, but since all I have used have been Fleetguard filters including on the FASS fuel pump as well.

I used baldwin when they were available in my town, the supplier switched to Luberfiner.

I'm don't have a preference for brand name. right now it's got a cheap store brand on there. the good ones go on when they're on sale. mind you the oil doesn't ge very dirty when you keep topping it up again.:rolleyes5:

Back