• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What is the best tool invention of all time?

What is the best tool invention of all time?

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This weeks contribution by THEFERMANATOR.....

Thanks Ferm and other contributing members

Plasma Cutter/Mig Welder
Air Compressor
Pneumatic Tools
Welder/Torch
BFH (big f'in hammer)
Ratchets/Breaker Bars
Electric Hand Tools
Vise Grips (added)
Adjustable Wrench (added)

Floor Jack (added)
Screw Driver (added)
Other (please post)

For those that just can't decide this is a multiple choice poll....

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM

I voted for the plasma cutter and BFH. Ince you use a plasma cutter you will never want to touch a torch or sawzall again. And the BFH is a GREAT stress reliever. Instead of getting pissed off and punching somebody, you can take a 4 pounder and demolish something.

Louis WINS
Me thinks not:nonod:
Without invention of the lever,..you would not have the wheel,gears,crank shaft....etc.
...And as a result,no use for all your fancy tools :hihi:

Duck tape is just handy in certain cases,....i hate the stuff and hardly use it.I don't think i used up a full roll in my life.

I love the Mig/tig and plasma cutter for most jobs (on farm equip we have to fire up the big lincoln pipe liner and get that all important penetration), big f'in hammer (the 12 pounder is fun but 3-5 is practical lol), and the adjustable wrench saved my butt many trips back to the tool rack once under the truck.

Lever is thinking too hard! lol

I love the Mig/tig and plasma cutter for most jobs (on farm equip we have to fire up the big lincoln pipe liner and get that all important penetration), big f'in hammer (the 12 pounder is fun but 3-5 is practical lol), and the adjustable wrench saved my butt many trips back to the tool rack once under the truck.

Lever is thinking too hard! lol
All motion starts and ends with it.

I think pocket knife but taking it a step further, I'd really hate to part with my original Leatherman Multitool.

I think pocket knife but taking it a step further, I'd really hate to part with my original Leatherman Multitool.
I pinched my palm to many times between the handles of that focking thing :mad2:, last time it happened i threw it in the busch as far as i could .
Hope it rots there forever.:agreed:

Being a welder for over 40 yrs now, they are ALL great tools. Each has a purpose, some more than others and I have got to use a lot of them over the yrs. Now where I work building fire Rescue trucks we do have to eleminate the plasma torch on the aluminum. You spend more time cleaning the cut so we trade off and use a jig saw. But all tools are needed for something other than decorating or just filling up a tool box.

My Kalamazoo metal horizontal band saw makes cuttie weldie fabbie much easier too.

The Mill, the lathe. All good ones.

Tim the toolman Taylor, Uugh! Tools, Rrr Rrr Rrr :D

All of 'em.

I do love my pocket knife and little pocket multi-tool tho (not a Leatherman, it's better!).

Back