• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What have you done to improve fuel economy?

AIRAID MXP intake :eyebrows:

MBRP 4" Turbo back exhaust

Edge Juice w/ attitude set on mileage level (#1)

Fingerstick & egr block off

Amsoil fuel treatment every tank

Before lift, on 265 tire would get 18mpg around town/hwy driving, 20 mpg on freeway at 70mph.

After lift 35" tire, 14mpg around town/hwy, 16.5mpg on freeway at 70mph.

Starting to regret the lift with the 35" tires with fuel being $5 per gallon where I am. The "boat anchor" Iron Bull bumpers probably dont help either, I think the front weighs close to 350lbs with winch...

I try and ease into the throttle and not go over 70mph on the freeway as well.

Boat anchor? Now thats not nice.....

i havent tested my mileage since i put on the 33s bc i dont have anythign to correct my comp for the tire size and the dealership wont do it. im hand calculating to 12 ish but i know thats not right ;)

i got exhaust and intake though, but that probably almost makes up for the larger tires.

i havent tested my mileage since i put on the 33s bc i dont have anythign to correct my comp for the tire size and the dealership wont do it. im hand calculating to 12 ish but i know thats not right ;)

i got exhaust and intake though, but that probably almost makes up for the larger tires.
Your speedometer is somewhere around 10% low. That would make your actual mileage about 13.2.

When you do your mileage calculation, multiply your actual odometer miles times 1.097 (for tire size difference) divided by gallons = mpg.
Your biggest problem is probably rolling resistance from the aggressive tread. Are you running enough air in them?

wow thanks thats really helpful. im not sure i havent checked them in a looong time. i had them at 65, is this too much?

hey jack...what year is your truck? I may be able to help you

edit....duh I just read your signature...... Call me when you have a min, I have something to help you with you speedo and comp issues

I don't drive it but once every couple weeks. But when I do, I load up level 10 and watch the fuel gauge go down.......

Remember this is an LLY.

First improvment was to change to Amsoil Synthetic oil front to back except trans. Waiting on my filter lock then will put the Mag-Hytec pan on with Amsoil Torque Drive 1 mpg improvment.
Biggest thing I did was the KB IOH kit on. It improved 1.5 mpg on average. But also took the turbo lag almost completely away.
Installed 4" downpipe back Magnaflow improved about .5 mpg also took away about 100lbs of dead weight.
PPE X Std on level 1 (its new and haven't tried any other levels yet) worth about 1 mpg

I will try level 2 and report back after I get my second full tank run through at level one then switch it.

what is the KB IOH kit? can't say I've heard of that.

Killer Bee is his screen name. He is out of AZ and puts together a kit that changes out the oem induction tubing from the oem air box to the turbo. It changes out the mouth piece that is so restrictive on LLY's. It made a world of difference and almost eliminated my tubo lag completely. Passing on two lane roads is just puch the throttle now, where before you had to fall back and plan when the turbo would kick in so you could get around.

Killer Bee is his screen name. He is out of AZ and puts together a kit that changes out the oem induction tubing from the oem air box to the turbo. It changes out the mouth piece that is so restrictive on LLY's. It made a world of difference and almost eliminated my tubo lag completely. Passing on two lane roads is just puch the throttle now, where before you had to fall back and plan when the turbo would kick in so you could get around.

Ahhh....OK....I gotcha now:beer:

Back