• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

what do you think of these wheels?

i would like to go with 17" but the only reason im leaning towards 16" is because of the different tires available in that size and price difference in tires

They aren't bad looking wheels. Just don't get any beadlock simulators!!!

I personally think the factory PYO wheel is the best wheel ever!!! A polished up set wrapped with 285/75-16 knobby tires brings a tear to my eye. Brings back memories of my Avalanche days. Damn I miss that truck......

Keg2006.jpg

i got tired of that wheel few yrs ago, but it seems to be making a huge comeback and I like that wheel. Im on my 2nd chrome set of wheels and If i bought again it would probably be that wheel. chrome does not hold up as well as polished aluminum. good choice.

They aren't bad looking wheels. Just don't get any beadlock simulators!!!

I personally think the factory PYO wheel is the best wheel ever!!! A polished up set wrapped with 285/75-16 knobby tires brings a tear to my eye. Brings back memories of my Avalanche days. Damn I miss that truck......

Man, I thought I was the only one that liked the factory chrome wheels. I Love mine. I have looked at several wheels I thought about buying but there is just something I like about the chrome factory PYO's. Like you said, add on a set of knobby 285's and you are set. IMO

Thanks guys, it was a badass truck. It was exactly the truck I was looking for when I was shopping, I got lucky, the dealer had ordered the EXACT same thing I wanted and it was in transit when I sealed the deal. Makes me cry thinking about it.

did you do any performance mods to it?

Not really, just had a Catback, K&N air intake and a Superchips programmer.
That big tank did run high 15's in the 1/4 though! HaHa.

I had those on my "Yota" back in the day. They held up really well but after a couple of years they started to luster a bit. No matter how long I spent polishing my rims, I couldn't get them back to new. It is true, you do see alot of them around. I've got wagon wheels on my truck and people thought that was a gamble.

I don't see much of these type of wheels anymore...they used to be real popular but phased out. I had them on my '96 Z-71 Ext Cab in a 15x10 but mine were Eagle 589's. I don't miss my polished wheels at all. I had to polish them every other week just to keep them looking decent. Try to find some with a clear coat so you don't have to polish them so much...then run the stock wheels in the winter.

320342106.jpg

320342105.jpg

i too dislike the wheel, its nice but everyone has em. have you given a thought to moto metal wheels? decent price and look just as good as the flashy wheels and in my opinion better than the stock wheels.

I'd have to say more people have Moto Metals than anything. That's one of the reasons I didn't get them.

the moto metals are probably based on the ultra wheels, since the ultras have been around for a long time. it does seem that more people have moto metals but they look good and they are reasonably priced ultimately though it is up to you to get what you want show us when you have decided!!!!

the moto metals are probably based on the ultra wheels, since the ultras have been around for a long time. it does seem that more people have moto metals but they look good and they are reasonably priced ultimately though it is up to you to get what you want show us when you have decided!!!!

True...great price for such a nice looking chrome wheel.

Back