• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What do you think about this? (Ebay military engine)

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found this and would like everyones opinion, as you guys are the only ones i trust when it comes to 6.5L diesels:thumbsup:

I am wondering how easily i can put this engine into my truck in stock configuration. (12 volt, orig. turbo/manifolds/induction setup, head config, Same as stock: oil filter, belts , cooling (would this be a 97+ system?), cdr, the list goes on.

I do not know why, but i like good condition, stock or close to stock things! :confused::skep::eek:ut: (I guess i want it to be easily serviced by someone using the most common 6.5l maintenance parts, prefer nothing rare/special!)

:D anyway, here is the link. Any input appreciated!:thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230303511871

Humvees don't have turbos? I didn't know that. Boy, without a turbo I think you may as well fill the engine bay with cement. Cheaper in the long run, and almost as fast.

Humvees don't have turbos? I didn't know that. Boy, without a turbo I think you may as well fill the engine bay with cement. Cheaper in the long run, and almost as fast.

They didnt until they started mass producing the "Up-Armored" trucks sometime after 1996 or so. Trying to move 12,000 lbs wasnt exactly enjoyable either with the 6.5TD. I've got a lot of years behind the wheels of those things...

does it look safe? i will not buy it for that price, i will wait for it to come down some.

are the heads the same as the pickup? i already know that i will have to change accessories and the whhole intake. and to keep close to stock, swap the pump.

The Humvee engine has the better waterpump. it's the one Heath sells with their severe duty cooling upgrade. Much more volume. Wondering why a brand new engine has a dent in the valve cover.

Unless it's a military new old stock from a container, you really need to inspect them in person, some of those surplus military engines are tired & on last legs, especially those off of the up armored ones they found out hard way really did need the turbo option. Is it me but does that "new" engine have a lot of flat black overspray? my new block was semi gloss black

OK, got an e-mail from the deller, it is as follows

Dear robertborneman,

Built in late 2007. Numbers on the block -- A296 ----10237141 ---J23 --- GM
On INTAKE -- D25 --- 2300011..
Hope this helps....

- top39

does this mean much?

OK, got an e-mail from the deller, it is as follows

Dear robertborneman,

Built in late 2007. Numbers on the block -- A296 ----10237141 ---J23 --- GM
On INTAKE -- D25 --- 2300011..
Hope this helps....

- top39

does this mean much?

The numbers in red are a dead giveaway for it being a 96 block. 141 blocks came in at the very end of 95 and the last ones were cast in DECEMBER of 96(early 97's got them). So unless this is a REALLY old NOS engine, he is giving you a line on it.

That thing does NOT look like it has even been rebuilt, just repainted ALL OVER! I would pass on that one...but that is just me...

Way too good to be true, im gonna pass. one supposedly that new should be turboed! oh well, thanks for the advice everyone!:thumbsup:

Back