• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What do you run in your truck in the way of a communications type radio?

What do you run in your truck in the way of a communications type radio?

• CB radio (Citizens Band)

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Business and Industrial Commercial (FCC Licensed)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Public Safety Radio (Fire, Police, Public Safety, FCC Licensed)

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • FRS (Family Radio Service unlicensed, all those cheapish handy talkies are under FRS)

• Amateur Radio (aka Ham Radio, requires FCC operators license)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I depend on my cell phone only.

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • I don't talk on any radio, its of the devil.

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score

This weeks contribution by L98TPI.....

CB radio (Citizens Band)
Business and Industrial Commercial (FCC Licensed)
Public Safety Radio (Fire, Police, Public Safety, FCC Licensed)
FRS (Family Radio Service unlicensed, all those cheapish handy talkies are under FRS)
Amateur Radio (aka Ham Radio, requires FCC operators license)
I depend on my cell phone only.
I don't talk on any radio, its of the devil. :reddevil:

Should be a check box poll since you can have more than one. :D

This is a multiple choice poll....

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

When traveling in groups, I use the cheap FRS radios. :lmao: They are fun to use, and when I don't need them I take them out. :D

My our hired hand, my cousin, and I all have CB and the Hey Tell app on our phone which basically turns our phone into a walkie talkie its fun and handy. We use it when baling hay with all 3 balers in 1 field. CB is just for road trips and talking to our area friends that are running trucks.

Now I just have a cell phone, in the past, 3 other brothers and I had FCC licensed radio's when we farmed together.

CB. use it daily in my 8.1 (daily driver) on my 60ish mile round trip! My cell phone gets lost and is dead most of the time.. its atleast 7 years old and a prepaid pos :D

Fire Department handheld, Amateur mobile unit, and CB on occassion.

If/When I get a 2nd truck for "MY" response vehicle, it'll have a FD mobile radio, Amateur mobile radio, Citizen's Band radio, charger for my FD handheld and light, and a MDT.

Only a cell phone in my private truck, but low and high band radios in my work vehicle. Use to run a CB but no more.

Just the cell phone now. My pickup in high school had a CB in it with a WILSON 5000 antenna, and a small amplifier on it. Used to reach out to the other coast with it at night talking on the skip. Had to be careful with it though as I could open motion activated doors and set off morion lights with it at about 150 yards(even blew up a fluorescant light bulb with it one night).

Used Onstar for longer range than a cell phone gets and even it has dead spots.

Used to have a CB, but, it was used more for the weather band. CB isn't what it used to be even as late at the early 1990's. Used it once heavy for loading gravel for a project at the gravel yard to load up. Other than that putting the CB in something isn't even on the back burner for a project at the moment.

Had a cb in my old truck. I'd like to put a cb on my new truck, maybe using the hood, but haven't done it yet. My back rack would probably cause too much interference? So, right now, my main communication has and is, my cell phone.

Back