• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What do you have for an MP3 player?

I have a 30 gig Zune and I like it alot. It is alot easier to navigate for me than the Ipod. I don't like the wheel on the Ipod. Plus it only cost $90.

Well, I'm not sure what you guys are looking for, a radio for in the truck, or a personal player, but this is what I ended up with that I am happy with. I have one in one of my cars, one of my trucks, and I even installed one in my trailer, and will soon be buying another for my 6.5.
The radio is made by VR3 Roadmaster. They have several models available.
One of the cheaper ones does all of this:
CD player that can play mp3s and other computer format music.
AM/FM Stereo.
It has an input jack to plug in your iPod/MP3 player etc.
It also has a USB plug and an SD card reader so that you can carry as much music as you want with you and play it through the car stereo.
The later models have RDS. It will scroll the name of the station, the type of music, artist and title on the display.
This one goes for about $80.
They have another one that goes for about $150 that is also a Bluetooth unit for connecting your cell phone. When your phone rings, the radio mutes, and you talk through the radio.
Oh, they both have wireless remotes with them.
The next one that I am going to get is about $180, and it also is a DVD player and has a small (3" I think) screen that you can also hook up to a rear view camera.

The only problem that I have had with the three that I already have is one of them doesn't always like CDs. Sometimes it skips or just doesn't want to play correctly. I very rarely use CDs, since I have been putting all of my music on flash drives to use in the cars.
I bought the first through a catalog that no longer has them. The next two I bought off of eBay from luna_imports(or something like that). Good prices and free shipping.

I've been kicking myself for the expensive MP3 players and iPods my kids bought...

my cell phone plays mp3, wma, etc and you can buy more or those micro-SD (little memory cards) cheap like dirt...

Too soon old and broke, too late caught up with the tech...

Sansa e280r 8 Gigs, FM tuner, digital recorder for meetings... and all the microSD addons you can stand. Plug in a new microSD, turn it on.. wait 10 seconds for REFRESH DATABASE, rock on.

Back