• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What do you have for an MP3 player?

Z79outlaw

Its tougher in Wisconsin
Reaction score
Im sick of scratched CD's and these ipods, and other things there are seem pretty nifty, anyone educate me on what to get? what to look for and what you guys have. I was looking today and Sony makes some mp3 players that were alot cheaper than the Ipods what gives?

i use my moms old ipod it is one of the mini ones with 6 g. i like it very easy to use.

however mine only gets used at the gym, no where else so it gets used for about an hour to 3 hours a day. no use other than that but i really like it.

I have a Sirius s50 that you can use as an ipod and an mp3 player. You can also save songs that are played on the Sirius stations. I only use it for the satellite and saved songs..beats buying cd's for one song.

I've got a shuffle for working out and an old school Dell 30g Jukebox that weighs 2#.

The shuffle is all I use.

refurbed ipod- same product, same warranty as new, 2/3 the price.

Where does one get one of those at?

Go to Mac.com click on the store tab and down on the left side of the screen is refurb section...

I have an Ipod gen. 5 video wife has an I pod nano and my daughter also has a nano... If you can afford an Ipod they really are worth it... Man has it down with the mp3 player....

Go to Mac.com click on the store tab and down on the left side of the screen is refurb section...

I have an Ipod gen. 5 video wife has an I pod nano and my daughter also has a nano... If you can afford an Ipod they really are worth it... Man has it down with the mp3 player....

exactly.... there is some software out there that allows you to rip DVD's to your Ipod as well. This makes small children happy as well, especially when you tie it into the on board DVD entertainment system. It literally gives you a video library for hours.

i have an ipod.. hate the damn thing. I use it when i cut grass with my earmuff headphones.. battery goes dead before im done cuttin.

i have an ipod.. hate the damn thing. I use it when i cut grass with my earmuff headphones.. battery goes dead before im done cuttin.

My 80 GB classic will last me 9 hours per charge. You must be mowing a big field.

i guess i dont charge it much. i charge it after i cut and turn it off till i cut again. i figure the thing would last a week while off.. guess they dont.

Thanks guys looks like the Nano it is for me then. Been reading up a little bit the nano sounds perfect for me.

You'll be surprised at how fast you will outgrow that Nano, they only hold 250 or 500 songs. Sounds like a lot until you start downloading.
I've got the Classic. Holds 20,000 songs. I've got about 2,500 songs on it.
About $240 at Costco.

I got my 60gig Video Ipod on ebay for $300, but it came with 12,000 songs of the kind of music I listen to. If you watch ebay, you will come across one like that. If you find one loaded, try to buy it soon because ebay will pull the auction once they see it has music on it for copyright stuff.

I would not pay 300 for a used empty one, but i figured 12,000 songs at $1.00 each.....pretty good deal:sifone:

I have a ZUNE. still not sure if I like it though. It holds pics, videos,4 g of crap and plays the radio too. but the headphone jack sucks.

I have a Sansa e280. It's 8G and holds music, video, pictures and can tune in radio stations and makes voice recordings too. I have a car charger for it that also will play it over a radio station. So I can use it everywhere.

Back