• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Thank you Will.I appreciate that.It’s on a primer bulb body that I bought from eBay maybe 2 yrs ago.I ran into trouble with the factory racor housing a couple days ago as the housing was eaten away by corrosion near the primer knob so I had to condemn that housing altogether as air would probably intrude or I’d have an external leak so I just tossed it in favour of this latest housing.It also uses the same thread pitch at 1-14 as the old racor housing did so I was able to install the 2 micron filter once again.
If you could find me some more info on where to get one of those I would be eternally grateful!
I need something like that for my CAT filter on the Jetta, the old Napa filter head I have is kinda crappy and to have one with a primer would be VERY handy.

If you could find me some more info on where to get one of those I would be eternally grateful!
I need something like that for my CAT filter on the Jetta, the old Napa filter head I have is kinda crappy and to have one with a primer would be VERY handy.
Not a problem.I can post a eBay link to where I got mine.I had a secondary filter on my 13 Passat and 08 Benz Bluetec diesel but they constantly leaked because of too much fuel pressure so I just put things back to normal.

Here’s the kind I have on my truck now but it’s a pretty big filter.And in the next picture showing the R12T with the wrench is what I used to have on my Passat and Benz Bluetec.I hope this helps.EBay is where you’ll find both of these.

Attachments

• IMG_6954.jpeg
    IMG_6954.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6955.jpeg
    IMG_6955.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
That second photo is what I have on my truck. I found mine on the jungle site! swapped out the filter for a 2 micron Fleetguard filter.
The only draw back is where I have it mounted on the firewall and getting to it to drain without making a mess. at some mount I might look at a different style, but for me it's been getting the job done!

My old 1975 504 Peugeot diesel had a hand primer pump (more like a short little thumb push lever) on the fuel filter housing to prime the system and filter with. It took 125 pumps of the lever to refill the line from the tank to the housing and fill the filter with fuel if you ran the tank bone dry and sucked the fuel out of the line and filter through the IP, too. Don't ask me how I know.

Not on the older ones nope, mine is an ‘03 with the ALH and the injection pump pulls from the tank. 😝

@dieselolds thank you very much!!
I'm surprised adding a lift pump isn't a popular thing. One of the first things I did on the 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD.
Of course those already had the wires run back under the back seat and the relay in place.
All I had to add was the in tank lift pump and a toggle switch under the hood for priming the filter

I'm surprised adding a lift pump isn't a popular thing. One of the first things I did on the 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD.
Of course those already had the wires run back under the back seat and the relay in place.
All I had to add was the in tank lift pump and a toggle switch under the hood for priming the filter
Oh it is pretty common to swap in a pump from an 04-06 BEW TDI, I just haven’t found one yet at the pick-n-pulls I frequent, someone always gets them first 😠😂

I dont remember if I posted this.
Made three trips to the cabin and return, about 900 miles total, plus, several trips to Forsyth and return, less than 100 miles each trip.
Oil level always right on the full.
Then the other day I pulled the dipstick and the oil level was down near a quart. 🤷‍♂️
Changed the oil and filter, two trips to Forsyth and return, almost 200 miles and oil level has stayed exactly where it was after the change.
I was thinking that maybe the oil got fuel contaminated and was sucking past the rings. The old oil had about 3500 miles on the last change.
Also now, for some reason, the oil did not turn black after the first couple of start ups of the engine. It had stayed relatively clear with some blacking. But by now I am sure it would be black if I went out and checked it.
I also had changed brand of oil. After not being able to get Rotella in any weight formula, I switched to Mobile Delo 15-40. I have about four gallons of that left to use before I switch back to the T-6 Schell.
Edit to add:
This is the second change of oil using the Delo oil.
Might be the first change pulled a lot of the carbon black from the pores of the cast and is now showing cleaner on the dipstick.
If it seems that the engine is beginning to use oil, I might just do an inframe change of rings and go gapless. New rod bearings and a valve grind job. Nothing more. Would not want to disturb the mains nust in case of an unseeable block crack on a main web.

Last edited:
Back