• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Maybe don’t get a Jetta then...

Trust me I love my TDI and I would get another any day, but I only recommend them to certain types of people 😂
They can be great cars but require very specific maintenance if you want them to treat you well. German engineering y’know... 🙄😆
If its like an Audi, German Complications.
Do not ever attempt installing timing chain tensioners unless You have drained the oil, then, refill oil through a pressure port.
It will jump timing on the chain and do all sorts of damage to valves, pistons and heads. 😖😵‍💫😹😹😹
Dont ask.

Do not ever attempt installing timing chain tensioners unless You have drained the oil, then, refill oil through a pressure port.
It will jump timing on the chain and do all sorts of damage to valves, pistons and heads. 😖😵‍💫😹😹😹
Dont ask.
Wow. Yup that’s sounds German to me 🤣
These TDI Jettas have timing belts though, and I haven’t heard about draining and filling the oil while changing those. Must be a different engine?

And COOPER brand work boots and hiking shoes. 😹😹😹
I want to get a Red Wing boots but not it steel toe. For hikers only and like the ones I used to get for working in.
Like these.
Now that My back is fixed. Get healed and the fusion takes place I do wanna do a bunch more hiking and trails.
This is the boots (except steel toe) that I used at work.
If anyone ever tries these boots You will never go back to what You wore pervious to these.
Total comfort and absolutely no break in required.

Dont ask.

Like these.
Now that My back is fixed. Get healed and the fusion takes place I do wanna do a bunch more hiking and trails.
This is the boots (except steel toe) that I used at work.
If anyone ever tries these boots You will never go back to what You wore pervious to these.
Total comfort and absolutely no break in required.
Those would kill my feet without work.
I need a hard stiff sole, but it has to be flat, not curved.
The best I found was Meindle hiking boots

I would wish for Michelins but more than likely what ever discount tire has on special
I put Michelin’s Cross Climate 2’s on the T-Reg last summer. Love ‘em and they are 3 Peak snow rated. So, on those rare but traumatic times Texas does get a snow storm, you can maneuver to a safe place to watch the other drivers go for it. Been there, done that as I put them back on in February and we’re still getting snow here.
Good on the dirt and in the mud too. 0ADDF19A-EC83-4032-90BA-D1F33874BED9.jpeg556FCD47-3754-4623-834B-A84BFCB7ED97.jpeg0E4A844E-7C13-42D8-98F1-E65F37C3F2A4.jpeg

Last edited:
I put Michelin’s Cross Climate 2’s on the T-Reg last summer. Love ‘em and they are 3 Peak snow rated. So, on those rare but traumatic times Texas does get a snow storm, you can maneuver to a safe place to watch the other drivers go for it. Been there, done that as I put them back on in February and we’re still getting snow here.
Good on the dirt and in the mud too. View attachment 80640View attachment 80641View attachment 80642
That tread pattern looks like it would be dam good for water and flooding streets! I may just save up and look into a set. now that I finally got my wife's car back on the road after waiting on that special tool to stretch the belt. LOL shes a happy camper again.

Back