• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What brought you here?

What brought you here?

• 6.5 trouble

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • 6.2 trouble

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • dmax trouble

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Pstroke trouble

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cummins trouble

• Gasser trouble

• Tuning info

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Chassis info

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Referred by an established member (who was it?)

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Originally a DTR member

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Other Reasons (explain)

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This weeks contribution by 3500GMC.....

Thanks Brad

What brought you here?

Would it be safe to say almost all of us landed here via an internet search of some sort? So maybe we can skip that one.

What brought you to The Truck Stop? What were you searching for when DTR/TTS popped up?

Multiple choice.

6.5 trouble
6.2 trouble
dmax trouble
Pstroke trouble
Cummins trouble
Gasser trouble
Tuning info
Chassis info
Referred by an established member (who was it?)
Originally a DTR member

Other Reasons (explain) added

This is a multiple choice poll....

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

Originally just to learn about my truck I found The Diesel Page then split time with Diesel Place. I was briefly on the GM diesel site can't even really remember if thats what they called it. Now here and like this forum best. Alot of good well rounded knowledge and friendly atmosphere.

I don't really like the TV news or watch much TV but do cruise a few forums diesel truck and tractor related when I need some advice, have a problem, or just want to learn something new. I kinda view it as continuing education. And helps me keep an open mind and have a few thoughts in the back of my mind when I encounter a new problem.

I heard a long time ago if you pick a subject and read something new and informative about it everyday for ~ 15-20 minutes in a few years you'll know more than most on the subject and may even become an expert. I like knowing the details, science, and real reasons things work as they do and dislike just repeating one source of information especially if I am not confident in source.

I was on a mission to learn about a new-to-me '93 GMC 6.5 I bought with a blown engine. Fixed it, learned some new things for which I'm grateful for. I try and help others as much as pics and text will allow. I would help spin wrenches with anybody here also. :thumbsup:

I see some are (as am I) from DTR also... That is what came up on my search- can't really remember the particulars- but DTR was up and running at the time and the rest, as they say, is history.

I was a member at The Page, joined around 4-5 yrs ago and had no clue what all of the sideways remarks and complaints over posts being removed was all about and was curious so I went out searching for the "other forums" they mentioned. Found DTR but never joined and was a member of diesel place. I got to asking questions about the ATT and got directed over here and couldnt be happier, way less drama to keep up with.

I was searching forums after i was given Ol' Blue and thought I would learn alil about what makes her tick, then I felt it was a good idea to buy another 6.5 and then another 6.5, well you know how it goes....

I was a proud member and then moderator at the 'Place... when DTR was first formed, I was asked to be a moderator over here, as well. When the 'Place lost that sense of 'community', I learned that I wasn't there for the trucks... I was there for the people.

Since that time, I've been here, for better or worse; I care deeply about the people here and want to help, and am perpetually impressed by the willingness of the guys on this site to step up to the plate.

Honestly, where else could the 'help a brother' threads have not only survived, but gathered like-minded individuals who want to make a difference in the world? Where else would people post their travels, and arrange to gather and share with each other? I have driven thousands of miles out of my way to meet people from this site, and been greatly enriched by the experience, every time.

This is not just a forum, or a place on the web. It's a community, where we are all enriched by giving. Anybody who doesn't understand that is probably better off somewhere else, because I'm not alone here... this isn't just a place for help with your truck, or talk about your favourite pet peeve... it's home.

Sorry for the long reply, but you asked.

I was a proud member and then moderator at the 'Place... when DTR was first formed, I was asked to be a moderator over here, as well. When the 'Place lost that sense of 'community', I learned that I wasn't there for the trucks... I was there for the people.

Since that time, I've been here, for better or worse; I care deeply about the people here and want to help, and am perpetually impressed by the willingness of the guys on this site to step up to the plate.

Honestly, where else could the 'help a brother' threads have not only survived, but gathered like-minded individuals who want to make a difference in the world? Where else would people post their travels, and arrange to gather and share with each other? I have driven thousands of miles out of my way to meet people from this site, and been greatly enriched by the experience, every time.

This is not just a forum, or a place on the web. It's a community, where we are all enriched by giving. Anybody who doesn't understand that is probably better off somewhere else, because I'm not alone here... this isn't just a place for help with your truck, or talk about your favourite pet peeve... it's home.

Sorry for the long reply, but you asked.
VERY nicely put my friend...Very nicely. :agreed:

I started doing forums with brewing. When I got this diesel, I looked for forums. Found here and the place. Hung out on both, but with several forums under my belt, I try and stay tuned to a place I am most comfortable. I like the people here. I like trying to help others out. I like honest answers. After a while the difference in tone has left me checking only here.

And there is a list of people who have helped me out along the way.

Thanks for the community.

Mike

started over a DP for help with the 6.2 for a few years, ended up over at DTR after the DP takeover, then here. sure glad I came. People helping people and willing to got that extra mile, or miles is some cases.:thumbsup:

JiFaire has summed it up for me. well said:arms:.

Original founder of the 6.5 area at Diesel Place after a breakaway from Diesel Page that then had some rather restrictive posting ability with their old software, Place was a DMax site primarily at 1st & 6.2/6.5 was an honorable mention until a few of us got together and made it what it once was.

Props to Diesel PAGE they were THE ORIGINAL 6.5 site from which I learned much, the Genesis of my learning the ways of the 6.2/6.5

Ever notice some of the similarities of Place to here, though some forget that especially when they sold it for profit to Auto Forums.

After the sellout I got an invite to recreate what was working there here in a site dedicated to the GM 6.5 enthusiast vs becoming yet another profit center for a consortium of automotive web sites. As word spread more & more folks stopping by this became the site I chose to stay with, alas not as much participation as I would like but new job taken 2 years ago less time for me to participate as much as I once did.

I started out at the Place, after a while, it seems all they wanted to do was fuss and fight, not my style at all, I am on the Page also, that one is quite, I do have threads going here & there. Lots of great folks here & there, I do like the amount of knowledge here and most are civil in the comments, most will help any way they can if you are willing to take advice....

I like it here....

Was invited over by dieseldually(chris) when this place first started as DTR......was #9 to sign up...dp sent the best members here after the ruckus...the rest is history...

I took the bus......Teroma25 sent me a ticket.

The "place" fell apart.......One door closes and another one opens.

Best bunch of people here, never thought strangers in a forum, from around the Country/Worid could be like this.

I'm very grateful for the Members, Friends and Family that I've made.

Thanks to All.......You know who you are!

I was originally a member of DTR, and I went there to learn more about the 6.5 and how to work on it. I don't recall having any problems when I first came to DTR. I frequent this site for my 6.5 and now duramax trouble shooting, but I also come for community.

Back