• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What brand of work boot do you wear?

What brand of work boot do you wear?

• Danner Boots

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Browning Boots

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Red Wing Boots

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Rocky Boots

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Viberg Boots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White's Boots

• Herman Survivors

• Chippewa Boots

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Hoffman Boots

• Timberland

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Carolina

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other / I don't wear work boots.

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score

Danner Boots
Browning Boots
Red Wing Boots
Rocky Boots
Viberg Boots
White's Boots
Herman Survivors
Chippewa Boots
Hoffman Boots
Timberland
Carolina
Other

For those that have more than one brand this is a multiple choice poll....

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

Last edited:
Timberland and Wolverine currently.

One of my biggest complaints about boots right now is why in the heck don't they make more soles that hold less dirt or at least clean out easier.

I used to buy the cheapos from walmart, but they lasted 6 months tops at $32 a pop. Bought a set of redwings for $120 a year and a half ago, and they're still good.

The last several pairs I use are "Canada West Boots" I get up to 2 yrs out of them.

"Cats" and "Redwings" last me about 6 mos to a year year. I had a $200 pair of a brand I don't remember last 1 month. It's warranty replacement lasted 3 months.

Danner! I think they are the best boot out there for the money. Others are very good also (Chippewa, Red Wing), but I have had great luck with Danner. Very comfortable as well, and they last. Remember, you get what you pay for. ;)

I used to wear Cats but the soles kept falling apart in 2-3 months and the inne liner would be shot in 4 months at best.

I picked other, I wear Ariat Workhog Square/Steel toes. I own 2 pairs, One pair is coming up on 2yrs and the leather on the toes has been gone since last winter, the soles are just now starting to give out, I bought the second pair so I could keep my feet dry when it rains until the old pair falls off my feet.

Work & Sport from Farm & Fleet. Made in Wisconsin. Steel toes. I've bought the same ones for 25 years and get 2+ years out of each pair. I wear them 7 days a week. About $125/pair

Danner and Magnum. Had to stop wearing the Danners though. Even in what they call an extra wide they were cramping my feet to the point of causing corns.

Rocky boots *were* a decent boot. I think they were made in Ohio at one time too...

Question: I have a high arch, which boots are set up for folks with feet that aren't FLAT?

Danner boots are an excellent choice for high arches.

You're right Bernie, I also have a wide foot. They fit, but they are still a little tight. I think that Danner just uses a regular average wide width boot. I am not sure on how they run, but I usually take a EEE width shoe and boot, and the Danner's are still a little snug. Maybe they run in only EE or E?

You're right Bernie, I also have a wide foot. They fit, but they are still a little tight. I think that Danner just uses a regular average wide width boot. I am not sure on how they run, but I usually take a EEE width shoe and boot, and the Danner's are still a little snug. Maybe they run in only EE or E?
I just went out and looked at the box they came in, which I saved for some odd reason, and yes, they're a EE not a EEE (which would be minimum for me - one of my diving instructors in the Navy joked I didn't need Navy issue flippers as Mother Nature had already equipped me). I wore them for about 6 months, hoping they'd stretch a bit, but finally had to switch to sneakers until I get a different work boot. (Note, I'm retired, so I don't really need work boots, but after 40+ years of wearing them...)

:lmao: My Danner box only showed me 12 W. Thanks for the update. They do eventually "break in." I wore one pair for over 9 years, and them resoled twice. The most comfortable boots I ever had. I too am retired, but still like wearing boots when I putz around outside.

I never can find a EEE but a EE Square/composite toe fits WAY better than EE round composite toe which rubs blisters on me. I also have pretty flat feet too.

Great boots for sure Nick. I wear insulated Matterhorns at work during the winter when it is cold and nasty. I wear some type of Rocky boot in the summer. About time for a new pair, since the current pair is about wore out.

Wow, Justin Boots were not an option. I own three pairs of footwear total. 16" snake boots for hunting, and two pairs of hand made Justin work boots. (That's it., no girly shoes like crocs or flip flops for me.) One pair I wear daily to work, church or other events and the other pair are my recently demoted Justin work boots that I wear on the farm, in my shop etc. I've never gotten less than three years out of a pair of Justins....one pair lasted over seven...granted, the last 8 months of their life required some duct tape. At $140.00 a pop this is money well spent obviously.

Back