• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What Brake Pads To Buy??? 1995 Suburban K2500 6.5TD 4x4

CORVAIRWILD

Reaction score
In Arizona, buying another diesel Suburban
I bot this rig in November 2011 in Phoenix, and since the brakes were grinding against the rotors, I immediately installed new Advance Auto premium pads, of course made in China. They have lasted 40k, and have worn the rotors a bit. I don't recall exactly which ones I bot, ceramic of metallic.

So I went to RockAuto and they have so many to choose from, at every price point, I don't know where to start!

'Wagner quiet stop' work well for me. Semi Metallic stops the best. Dust and everything else doesn't matter over stopping the best. Do not go cheap as the pad can come off the backing or simply stop poorly.

Rotors are wear items so a pad eating the rotors up that stops well is not a big concern. PIA to change rotors, but again, stopping good is what matters.

Some have done the update mod so that changing the front rotors is not such a pain. Does anybody have a link to a good thread?

Is it in the stickies?

Has anybody came out with a kit yet?

I guess I neglected to click on the "get replies" button. Anyhow, I just changed the LF wheel bearing, I ordered a Timken (USA) from FLAP, and it actually cost less than the China junk. I suppose I'll have to live with the stupid press off issue.

I'll go look at the Wagners. Any thots on the AC Delco's?

These from RockAuto are $21, listed under Racing/Heavy Duty, others are Economy or Daily Driver categorized

WAGNER Part # SX370 SevereDuty; Carbon Enhanced Metallic
Heart.png

Front; w/ 8600 GVW; w/ 8 Stud Wheel

Here's the DD listing... I'll try delete the 6 lug 1/2 ton 7200lb listing

TTS won't let me post the copyed and pasted listing... If you want to go look, go to rockauto and what I tryed to post is there, many many listings

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
AC DELCO pads are reboxxed RAYBESTOS for double the money. Avoid ceramics or anything with ceramic added in. The rotors for these trucks are just not cut out for the harder ceramic material. I tried a set of the AKEBONO ceramics which are supposed to be the best of the best, and they were JUNK! Worse than the AZ cheapies I had to run before in a pinch. I don't have any experience with WAGNERS, but you can't go wrong with RAYBESTOS.

I just spoke to Raybestos tech line, he recommended semi metallic-ceramic hybrid #EHT370M, $36 inc SH from RockAuto
I couldn't find eht370m's? I found the eht370h which is there new hybrid line. Other than alot of brake dust, I'm very happy with the atd370m's I have.

I usually deal with the Folks from R1 Concepts in California for my brake components. I'm running a k2500 2wd. However,I'd wait until our Main Man at Leroy Diesel gets back from his hard earned vacation and get advice from him. I'll support Leroy any day of the week. Until then,I'm interested in EBC Pads and Rotors. Sure,I just love sending more money off-shore,but those English EBC Products have earned a fine reputation. I will not engage in Chinese Brake Products. I've done well with the bevel hole drilled and bevel slotted rotors from R1,but that has been on passenger vehicle only applications. Whatever you do,take your time,and read what the Fine Folks here have to say. The 6.5 Diesel Brothers and Sisters here have been a God-Send to me,and even though I'm a cautious newbie who hasn't posted much,I truly feel like I'm among Family when I drop in here to constantly learn !

Back