• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What are the preferred injectors?...

Mezmorized

Reaction score
I did a few searches and couldn't find what people prefer for injectors on the 6.5's... That and the Glow Plugs of choice as well, from what I've been reading they probably are the ac delco 60G's?

duraterms for me tough call on injs as you can't tell what kind of nozzle they have in them without pulling them apart

60g and duratherms are the only good GP options.
Bosch German made injectors are the best, followed by India made, the problem is there are knock offs for both, and as Ak said if someone rebuilt them they could put any nozzle in any body. Finding a good rebuilder is the key. Even if you buy a new set take your old set to a good rebuilder and have them gone through. If your new set is a cheap set you'll only get about 30,000 miles before swapping them. If you can afford the down time just pull yours and have them rebuilt.

Duraterms heat faster than the 60G's but both are slower than the factory plugs. Look into ways to extend glow time aka in the tune for a 1995. I have used both and prefer the duraterms esp with worn or damaged injection systems.

I run 60G's whenever i am in one. bosch german bodies, but I havent found a source for bosch german tips (anyone know of one? ) so I have to run bosch india tips.

If you live in Ontario, get the Bosch Duraterm.

For injector, the stock Bosch injector is recommended as supposed to the so called Fake Marine injectors or Chinese Made injectors.

Back