• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What are the best front Rotors for the money for our 96 6.5TD K1500 Suburban?

If it's the 8 lug, then I am running RAYBESTOS premiums from CARQUEST on mine. Stiffened the pedal up a bit from the cheap AUTOZONE ones, and they have alot more meat to them too. They cost about half of what the RAYBESTOS slotted ones do as well.

I put Performance Brake Rotors on about a year ago that are slotted and dimpled with Hawk brake pads, and the truck stops way better than it did with what ever the brakes were that were on it.

I ordered these

They said their casrings are also Made in the USA

Anymore, any company that doesn't prominantly display the fact, that their product is Made in the USA is losing buisness. There are a whole bunch of people that look at that now before buying. I try to anyway.

http://brakeperformance.com/index.ph...FWwDQAodljS0lw

Made in the USA

Those are pretty darn good prices for slotted rotors. Ahh, next time.

I've heard slotted is the way to go when towing. The drilled are prone to cracking.

Slotted and cross-drilled on our 2006 Avalanche with ceramic pads from Brake Performance. Swear by them for stopping without fade. On second set of ceramic pads from AutoZone, no discernible difference. Will get these for the Beast when replacements are needed.

I run Powerslot Cryo Rotors and Hawk LTS pads, definitely an improvement over stock. Which seems to be a combination that I read about again and again.

Cheers
Nobby

Ok my retarded non digital hillbilly self cant figure out how to get a price o those links. I need a set for the front and NAPA wants $167 each!

http://brakeperformance.com/brake-ro...ake-Rotors.php

Give them a call if this looks do able to you.

1 x Premium Dimpled and Slotted Brake Rotors Front Two Rotor Set (#RS-62042)
Promotion: Free Standard Semi Metallic Brake Pads (#PM-03700) ($0.00)
- Chevrolet
- Suburban 1500
- 4WD, With 8 Lug Wheels

Price: $194.72

Totals
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $194.72
Shipping: ($0.00)
Tax: $0.00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Pepp I found a totaled dually @ my mechanics and he is giving me the tires for almost nothing and the front rotors too! My question is woild u reccomend I get the ceramic pad? I get parts at cost from Napa so I want to use theirs if possible. Anybody else chime in plz cause this is a have to do tommorrow mornin b4 he hauls the truck for scrap!

Go with semi metalic pads if you tow. I tried out the top of the line AKEBONO ceramic pads, and stopping was EERY to say the least with a trailer on the back. Switched over to RAYBESTOS semi metalics for towing and have great brakes now.

Thanks Fermanator, got my ac all done but having trouble gettin the vac pulled. My mechanic gauges have a leak so looking for another affordable place. Hate to sound cheap but am disabled n have to do a lot of barter to make it. I let u know when I get ac and am cool! LOL Let it be soon! How u feel about tcc lockup mod? I tow a lot n need to go over mountains on my great western trip.

Jim (Jifaire) swears by the TCC mod. I haven't done it so I have no impressions.

From what I have read it helps with the towing, don't use it to engine break though as it can hurt the tranny input shaft.

Hope this helps Bill.

Thanks NVW I started a thread asking for info so that I am not hijacking this thread. Why cant I just put it in third? Hey Jim I am coming to visit u! Seriously.

You can run it in 3rd, I do with the very heavy loads but use OD for most. It will lock up in 3rd, the TCC mod keeps it locked.

Back