• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Well, I stepped up to the plate and look what happened...........yet another project.

Nice cleaning job...I just sound proofed the interior of mine and ran out of time to clean the carpets due to needing it for work...

I really need to spend a weekend cleaning like you did.

Thanks for making me feel mine is so dirty...LOL

It was a good time, I had a lot of fun taking it apart, cleaning and reassembling. It was a good reminder for me on how a GMT-400 is put together. After watching it get cleaner and cleaner I really would love to find one for myself.

Wow, nice clean up job on the interior, going above and beyond. Never thought to put that stuff in the dishwasher to the crap out of the vents and what not.

Its a dry filter that you can vacuum clean for 100,000 miles. It should flow like a K&N but clean like a paper AC Delco. And you get a discount from Ashton (Wrecker) the Oil Geek

Wow dude, what a detailing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did the D/W do? Did you stay away from the heat drying? I never thought about that either.... Good thinking!
I love sticking parts in the dishwasher. I just run a full cycle without water heating boost and use the air dry fuction. I do know if you used regular dish soap it can bleach things, so i stay away from it.

What was the scoop on the brush guard?
Took it off, probably going to craigslist it.

Amazing how disgusting some will let their vehicles get. What a major change! I like the dish washer too, I used to wash my cup holder from the center console on the 93 like that.
How did you do the carpet? My buddy pressure washes them.
I know! It really bugs me to get in someones vehicle who doesn't clean them. At least this truck was just dirt, not food and other nasty crap. I used a small bissel cleaner on the carpet, I have in the past pressure washed the carpet in my 88 but I didn't feel like pulling this carpet out at the time.

Nice cleaning job...I just sound proofed the interior of mine and ran out of time to clean the carpets due to needing it for work...

I really need to spend a weekend cleaning like you did.

Thanks for making me feel mine is so dirty...LOL
Well, it was only a night, but with Devin helping me it took WAY less time.

So, how many used the dishwasher late at night so the wife/girlfriend didn't see it? :hihi:

Gorgeous!

If I can make 2 little recommendations?

1. Balancer whether you think you need it or not!
2. Injectors tested and balanced.

You will thank me later!

David and I have been discussing the more important things for the truck, like these 2 things and #2 is of big interest. Who does that, that is where can you have it done? Any idea on what something like that costs?

David and I have been discussing the more important things for the truck, like these 2 things and #2 is of big interest. Who does that, that is where can you have it done? Any idea on what something like that costs?

Places I have called around to are about $15 a piece to test and reset the pop pressure. If you bring new nozzles its that same labor charge since they would have to take them apart to change the pop pressure anyway. Most places wont sell you nozzles or injectors with Bosch nozzles, or specifically Bosch Germay nozzles. If you can find a set of German Bosch nozzles just have yours rebuilt with them while the injectors are out. I also prefer setting the pop about 100psi over stock, which would be 2200-2300psi, but balanced to within a 40ish psi range.

Pullman is between Walla Walla and Spokane. Isn't that farming country? The rolling hills of the Palouse country? It's been over 25 years since I've been close to there and I was on the Idaho side. Anyway, farming means there will be farm implement dealers somwhere close. Farm implements primarily have gone to diesel power so somebody should have the equipment to test your injectors. I had the local John Deere dealer pop test mine.

Don

Places I have called around to are about $15 a piece to test and reset the pop pressure. If you bring new nozzles its that same labor charge since they would have to take them apart to change the pop pressure anyway. Most places wont sell you nozzles or injectors with Bosch nozzles, or specifically Bosch Germay nozzles. If you can find a set of German Bosch nozzles just have yours rebuilt with them while the injectors are out. I also prefer setting the pop about 100psi over stock, which would be 2200-2300psi, but balanced to within a 40ish psi range.

buddy, thank you for the specifics. We don't happen to have any vendors kicking around that sell those Bosch (German) nozzles do we?

Pullman is between Walla Walla and Spokane. Isn't that farming country? The rolling hills of the Palouse country? It's been over 25 years since I've been close to there and I was on the Idaho side. Anyway, farming means there will be farm implement dealers somewhere close. Farm implements primarily have gone to diesel power so somebody should have the equipment to test your injectors. I had the local John Deere dealer pop test mine.

Don

Correct you are about the region. :pat: Know those times when the obvious escapes you? I'm having one of those moments. :pat: There are a couple of JD/Cat/MF shops around.

Amazing how disgusting some will let their vehicles get. What a major change! I like the dish washer too, I used to wash my cup holder from the center console on the 93 like that.
How did you do the carpet? My buddy pressure washes them.

Do you ever have problems with the dishwasher melting things?

I've dishwashed a few interior pieces and so long as I don't use the pots and pans setting or the high temp this or that, I haven't had any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back