• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Weird clicking noise

Extremesounds13

Reaction score
Just last weekend my truck started making a weird clicking noise. The noise is coming from down by the heater blower motor inside the truck but is loud enough to be heard outside with the doors shut also. The noise only happens when I first get in the truck and turn the key on to cycle the glow plugs and the clicking starts immediately; it goes away after about 20 seconds. The clicking also happens after I shut the truck off, it also lasts for about 20 seconds. It doesn't matter if I turn the heater on or not while its clicking it does it everytime like clock work. Can someone help me out. Thanks

It's just the mouse that's driving the squirrel cage. Takes them awhile to get up to speed and to slow down.:smile5: Does it happen when the blower is shut off? Leo

I've had leaves get in there also when the phosphor bronze bearing in blower motor starts to get age on them sometime you get a high freqq squeal, I change blower speed and usually calms noise in mine, or since I'm getting deaf after 30 years around turbines and other things that make loud noise, I don't notice it as bad once it gets even to higher freqs

It is most likely the recirc flap not shutting properly.....

Its what I think too. Look up under the dash on pass side. Way up in there is a small motor use to open/close the flap. Disconect it and see if the noise go's away.

Are you sure you're not hearing your lift pump/?? about 20 seconds prior to start and about 20 seconds after start on a 94 OPS would run after truck turns off.

Figured I'd throw it out there if your LP is starting to make a clunking noise vs its healthy purr.

I think you guys might be right on the recir door, I will check that out tomorrow. It does it every time I start and shut off the truck, whether the heater is on or not.

Since we're on this subject, does anyone have a diagram of the HVAC system under the dash that shows component layout. My Blazer only blows out of the dash right now and I need to fix it soon. Just want to same some time searching out the right part. thanks.

Back