• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Weight limit on the 2500HD Hitch

we had only had our former '02 Chevy 3500 for a couple of years when we had to replace the OEM receiver .... it didn't have any cracks but the hole that the hitch pin passes through had become elongated into much the shape of an old fashion football .... replaced it with a Reese Class V and while it proved to be a very strong, well made receiver, its 2 1/2" receiver required the use of a shim so we could use standard 2" hitches .... the tolerances where such that the 2" hitches didn't fit tightly and we never were happy with that arrangement

Jim

Well, i kinda jack-knifed the truck and trailer in our yard, and messed the bumper and the bedside up, so we are either going to get a Brute II ag hitch, which i don't really want, because it is a permanent ball mount, which you would have to put the balls on and take them off, or get a Fab Fours Bumper, and a true Class V hitch. The hitch is fine, but i convinced my dad to upgrade, finally. The trailer is in the shed currently, so i can't get a good pic of it.

This is not the time to be complacent about safety thinking the manufacturer can do no wrong.

You know, after giving this more thought I have to agree with you. I mean just look at what they did with other parts on the truck that don't hold up like one would think they should.

Back