• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

wax for table saw? Makita circle saw?

schiker

Reaction score
I bought a Delta portable table saw it has a low friction gray top not a cast iron top.

Would you wax it like its suggested for cast iron tops? What products do you use. I see most use a paste wax Johnsons or other with NO Silicone.

I also have a Makita circle saw that the aluminum base plate will leave a black mark on lumber while cutting. I have probably sprayed it with Fluid Film or other and wiped it down. Is there any other protectant for it that helps it slide smooth and not mark boards?

Most of my wood tools get blown off, put away in a plastic tote, and sit for long periods between projects.

I believe that's just a gray coating over top of aluminum. That's what my Bosch tablesaw has/had. I don't know of anything you can put on an aluminum surface like that so that it won't mark the boards (that will last anyway). Industrial planers will actually wear away the cast iron where it feeds the boards in never mind a coating

I wax the tables on all my tools with plain Turtle Wax. Table saw, jointer, router table, drill press, planer, miter saw...

Back