• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Waterpump out on the 01

A 36MM 12 point socket and a good impact will make it much easier as the balancer has to come off to get to the water pump bolts. Also get you 2 feet of 3/8" PUROSIL hose and replace the short piece above the water pump and the 2 pieces back on the turbo while you're doing it.

It's not that hard to do. I did mine in about 5 hours for about $250. The biggest PIA was the "O" ring going to the top thermostat housing. I cut 2 before I got it right. From what I understand everyone is using an injector cup "O" ring which are tougher but I didn't have that option.

One recommendation. Checking for leaks before reinstalling the fan and belt is easier than removing them again after finding a leak.

Yep, not hard but man that balancer bolt is TIGHT.......Took about 3 1/2 hours, and I did not take the radaitor out. Just the tcm moved off to the side, and took the fan shroud off, removed the fan and had at it. Worst part was I had one bolt rusted bad and it was a Pain to get out.

How'd you tighten the balancer bolt back up? My torque wrench only goes up to 250ft-lbs, so I just put a pipe on it and added a little.... err... extra. after it clicked.

Back