• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Water/Meth nozzle sizing

6.5L

Old Iron Runner
Reaction score
I have a Snow Performance Stage III Boost Cooler my buddy let go for $350.(I'm stealing it at that rate, good thing he likes me). Electronic controller and everything. I realized I could do one of three possible setups. I have two 625 nozzles and one 375 nozzle. Either dual 625, single 375, or single 625. I was planning on having it activate around 10-12psi depending on how it reacts, running window washer fluid. I am ruling out the dual 625's as I think they will be too much. I am currently leaning towards the single 375 nozzle. I think the single 625 will also be too much. Any thoughts?

How hot is your intake air charge. You may want to find that out before adding water injection. With the amount of air the ATT puts out you may not need it.

If you do add the WMI, use very little, if any, methanol. And use a very small nozzle. These engines don't take well to too many drugs. They will be happy at first, but then..................

I run a 10gph nozzle with a devils own 2nd gen progressive controller.

Comes on at about 5 psi and is all in by 10.

But, I only run water for egt and ect control. Not methanol.

How would running too much methanol be bad? what could it cause as far as damage and why would it cause it? I want some facts

Methanol is rated octane and diesel is cetene so there is not an apples to apples rating. Basically meth burns way hotter than diesel so a little bit adds a lot of power. Too much will grenade the engine -just like propane only higher up the btu scale.

One of the more avid contributors on the other site did a lengthy write-up on his DIY:

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63...-system-install-w-pics-mpg-boost-project.html

Good information there in terms of what nozzle to use for each PSI range on the GM-X turbo and how too much water did not help. With the ATT giving the same power at lower PSI levels than a GM-X, probably will need to adjust the nozzle trigger points downward a bit.

Not sure you will get any advice for tuning WMI for the ATT at the other place as they are so allergic to that turbo that they even banned its use in text; I had to put "A T T" to get around the censor block.

No longer with the ATT at the moment. And thank you for the link. I am still debating smaller nozzles or running the single 375 nozzle. Leaning towards the single 375 nozzle. Gonna be next summer probably before I can even have time to get to it so I have time to debate it.

That's a dang good price! I thought I stole mine for 400, but that included 5gal of meth and 5gal of 50/50 mix. Which, when thinned enough for our motor, should last until 2075. I'm interested to see what you figure out on the nozzles. Mine came from Dmax, but Snow said the only difference in the kit is the nozzle sizes.

I'm not sure how each nozzle is rated for GPM, I use a 12GPH Devils Own with the progressive controller and it works great, drops egt's 250* and no detonation ....

Back