• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wanted: 5068 Eprom

no 95s came with a 5068, but you can put it on there as long as you have a compatable EPROM. I dont know the mechanical differences yet, but I have one to try sometime.

What is the program difference between a 5068 pump and the 5521 pump.
I understand that the cam ring has a more aggressive profile . Are there other mechanical differences that need to be addressed in the program.
Is it possible to run a 5521 pump on a 5068 computer by just changing the cam ring. Last year kojo said he was going to try a hybrid pump with parts from both.
How did that work out?

Havent done that yet, parts are here, but i havent got time to do it. I've spent lot of time this winter in work, plowing snow, heating house, developing my tune for ATT, and doing driveline overhaul to my suburban, now there is better TC, overhauled trans with sonnax sure cure kit, new starter, some new seals and u-joints.. Next thing is passing your yearly inspection for vehicles, after that is time to do something for my pump and hydraulic lifters...

Hey folks, looking to revive this 4-yr-old thread for a similar question to the one kojo posted initially...

I've got a K3500 auto dually that I recently obtained in non-running condition. It sustained light accident damage to the nose which smashed the bumper-mounted PMD and severed several wires in the remote harness, then it sat for long enough for the fuel lines to rust through above the tank. I have it running now with a new GM PMD (also came with the truck) and an external tank, however the engine responds to throttle in neutral or park but not in any forward or reverse gear. It's a little bit hard to start but once it's been running for a few seconds it idles just fine and in neutral the throttle response is sluggish but it will rev up. The original PCM is Serv. No. 16183977 and has a BJAX EPROM in it. I bought a spare PCM (same Serv. No.) which originally came with a BJAR but shipped to me with a BXRH in it. When connected to the spare PCM I get a tiny bit of throttle in gear but only enough to slightly change the tone of the engine - no notable increase in RPM.

I have some other things to check out as possible causes but other members have pointed to the EPROM that I have being written for the 5068 pump, which is no longer in my truck. As luck would have it, I've got three 5521 pumps (one of which came - and still is - mounted to my truck). If anyone has any idea which EPROM code I should be looking for, or even better yet, a factory .BIN file that they'd be willing to send or post in the library I'd be most grateful. I'm not really looking for a tuned .BIN (yet) - just want to eliminate that variable.

Buddy, Kojo, Fermanator, I've read enough to gather that you three (among others) seem to be some of the ones on this forum that are most familiar with these EPROMS. You've all made great contributions to the community, but frankly there's so much to wade through that I haven't really gotten there yet and figured it couldn't hurt to post the question. I'm planning on trying a BPAA .BIN that I found elsewhere on the site, but I'm also not sure if that EPROM is compatible with my PCM (according to the database on Dripspeed it was written for the 16216588 PCM).

Does anyone know if I can use EPROMS written for that PCM on mine, or will I need to obtain a different PCM? Were the parameters related to the differences in the cam profile and spill valve port orifice size written into the EPROM or did the PCM have some differences in it? I thought that I read somewhere that swapping a 5521 pump into an HD truck involved only a MEMCAL change but I'm not certain if the PCM had to be changed as well.

Kojo, did you get a chance to analyze any EPROMS? Any report on the differences in the programming? I'm only scratching the surface myself - just opened a couple .BIN's in Tunerpro and started looking at numbers - just shy of gibberish to me but I'll learn if I have to. It would be interesting to know what you've found as it could be useful to me to attempt to tweak my existing EPROM program if I can't find the right EPROM for my application.

Thanks in advance.

Hey folks just wanted to post an update to this thread. My truck runs great with the BPAA PROM in the original PCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back