• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wanted: 5068 Eprom

kojo

diesel head
Reaction score
Hi,
I need eprom or bin file from truck where is 5068 injection pump, because i want see how gm has done differences in pumps timing, fuel rates etc for that HO pump. I already have self made definition files for obd1 chip and i'm driving self modified tuning chip with 5521 pump, but i have 5068 pump with low miles so some kind hybrid is propably coming when i get that eprom and some spare time ):h

I'm not sure, but i think applicable broadcast codes could be BMSD, BMSF, BPBN, BPBP BMSY, BMSX, BMSW, BPBK, BPBL, BPBM and bests ones: BXRF, BXRH

Check with Bill Heath www.heathdiesel.com oh BTW ya'll Bill is a bona-fi-de site sponsor now, we can link to his site to our hearts content he also has a q/a corner on his vendor page; he may have one since he's into that sort of thing also he may be able to give additional info on other e prom code #s to look for.

What editor software are you using? Did you figure out the definition file? Or where did that come from? I use a Craig Moates Burn 1 programmer and tunerpro editor on my gas trucks. Are you also using the 27SF512 Flash programmable chips in the 6.5 PCM with an adapter or?

Just curious as none of my diesels have a computer :D

Yes, i made my definition file self, it's not perfect, but i have almost all tables.. it took long hard work to find them from code, but i had boring in work...
I use moates burn2 and 27SF512 chips with adapter and tunerpro rt software, nothing realtime functions yet, but if i get today money for one custom tuned trasmission mod i'll order moates ostrich 2.0, that would be intresting toy ):h

I have a Moates ostrich 1 and didnt have any luck with it on my 93 5.7 gas PCM , it would start out OK but in about 5 minutes the PCM would get super hot and go into limp mode. I think those first ostrichs were made for the older TPI Ecms. You are a smart guy to figure out that code and write your own definition file. I do ok using tunerpro definition and editor but I dont have any idea about code.

I received today my ostrich from moates and installed it to my ecm, it runs just like before, but when i plug my laptop to that ostrich i can adjust tables in realtime, cool :D

If I can ever get mine converted to DB2, you're welcome to mine, I'll be stripping it out with the conversion.

Thanks in advance JeffMD and jbsaxman, Just send me PM if/when you have it. Of course i will pay shipping. Maybe i could make somethin usable from them..

I have two 5068 chips........when I decide which one I am going to use for sure I will send you the other. Sorry I know this doesn't help you right now but this spring I will know for sure which one I am going to keep.

I can tell you what I found out about them though........
they were in a 1994.......
both are 5068 IP, 12,000 GVW, 3500 dually, 4x4,s
BNMN is for a 4L80e trans
BNTF is for a NV4500

Is anyone using the ostrich2 from Moates on a 94 2500 with 5068 pump?

I have used ostrich 2.0 with 5521 pump (actually i'm using it everyday)
Computer and memory chip type are same in vehicles with 5068 only program code is different, so i'm sure it will work in vehicle with 5068.

Damn I can never find a 6.5 in my local walk in junkyard. Much more the HO pump model, but If I do come across it I'll be sure to pick it up and send it your way.

Program difference detween 5068 pump and 5521 pump

What is the program difference between a 5068 pump and the 5521 pump.
I understand that the cam ring has a more aggressive profile . Are there other mechanical differences that need to be addressed in the program.
Is it possible to run a 5521 pump on a 5068 computer by just changing the cam ring. Last year kojo said he was going to try a hybrid pump with parts from both.
How did that work out?

Back